Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Feb 1, 2018

+1

2. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Feb 1, 2018

3 great firearms

Edited Feb 1, 2018
    scv55 likes this.
  3. Waltesefalcon Feb 1, 2018

I own the same .22, mine is also an older Belgium made one, absolutely fantastic little gun.

4. scv55 Feb 1, 2018

Oh wow no way, Id love to see a photo of yours!

5. jimdgreat1 Feb 1, 2018

20180126_193006.jpg My new addiction.

6. Waltesefalcon Feb 1, 2018

Here ya go; it is a mid fifties production, I forget the exact year.

DSCF1097.JPG DSCF1099.JPG DSCF1100.JPG DSCF1102.JPG DSCF1103.JPG DSCF1105.JPG DSCF1109.JPG DSCF1111.JPG DSCF1112.JPG
  7. Siipiveikko Feb 1, 2018

Yep, we are commonly using 7.62 mm (7,62x54R) ammos here in Finland - also in my old Mosin-Nagant. On my army time (30 years ago) we used earlier version Rk 62 of this latest version Rk 95 rifle made by Sako (AK-47).

Some other guns we needed to use, service and maintenance (all these 7,62x54R) :
    * Finnish variant of Mosin-Nagant, "Ukko-Pekka"
    * Russian machine gun "Emma"
    * Finnish variant of Maxim

And last, but not least:
    * Finnish machine hand gun Suomi KP/-31 (caliber 9x19mm Parabellum)

noelekal likes this.
  8. thegreentreefrog Feb 1, 2018

Sold all my hunting Rifles now only own some Berret's, Glock's & my favorite AR15 (circa 1970 pre-ban gun)

OMEGAGLOCK2.jpg Speed2.jpg
    Ranger230, noelekal and voere like this.
  9. Siipiveikko Feb 1, 2018

I asked my father how it came to my grandfather; after WW1 and when we got our independence from Russians, a lot of Mosin-Nagants were bought from Russian soldiers and they sold them very cheap price to get some money. Grandfather shoot mainly seals at winter time.

Grandfather was a tug skipper and in the start of WWII there was only one gun on board, his Mosin-Nagant. Afterwards there was installed artillery gun on the fore deck. The commander of South-East area in Finland used tug s/s Luppi at his personal transport purposes. BTW, star on the exhaust pipe is the mark of Enso-Gutzeit, one of the biggest paper mill company in the world (nowadays Stora Enso).

Luppi höyryhinaaja.JPG
    Edited Feb 1, 2018
  10. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Feb 2, 2018

You relate a lot of history on your family Mosin Nagant. I appreciate you relating it here and sharing the photograph of the tug your grandfather operated.

Siipiveikko likes this.
  11. vintagestuff Feb 2, 2018

12. vintagestuff Feb 2, 2018

I'm a Sig p226 guy.
    But you can't beat this little fella for things that go bump in the night. No safety, no fails, no problem. And my wife can point and pull in an emergency.
    IMG_0635.jpeg

McKinley, voere, sevenhelmet and 2 others like this.
  13. Kdog1971 Feb 5, 2018

20180204_181818760_iOS (2)_LI.jpg FN 5.7, Glock 19, Taurus 9, Kel-tec 32

14. Waltesefalcon Feb 5, 2018

Great choice, I personally like the lady smith for conceal just because you can toss in it your pocket and not worry about the hammer hanging up if you have to pull it.

vintagestuff likes this.
  15. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Feb 5, 2018

Hard to beat a S&W for home protection.

020.jpg
  16. vintagestuff Feb 5, 2018

I agree, and revolvers are excellent for those who don't spend time at a range on a regular basis. I have a Ruger SP101, which is a superlative revolver, as well. Kdog, love the model 92. I'm sure you know many people don't like them, partly because they replaced the beloved and amazing Colt .45, but I have a stainless 92 that feels just great in my hand. Mine is a Beretta, but the Taurus gets rave reviews, too.

Kdog1971 likes this.
  17. scv55 Feb 5, 2018

That FN looks pretty wicked. Is that a polymer slide? I bet that thing is really light.

Kdog1971 likes this.
  18. Kdog1971 Feb 5, 2018

scv55, Yes Polymer, it's light and spits fire! It's a lot of fun to shoot. Bullets are a bit expensive though which limits the amount of fun you can have.

scv55 likes this.
  19. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Feb 5, 2018

Model 10 long story This model 10 is a family heirloom. It belonged my my Granpa when he passed away. The model 10 went to my Mom that way she kept custody of the revolver until I was old enough to own and handle firearms.

If the model 10 could talk it would have some stories to tell. This revolver reminds me of both Grandpa and my Mom.
    Prior to me being born my Mom was a police woman mostly working with trouble youth in the youth bureau section. Then she went on to be a detective. Mom was pretty savvy wife firearms and she know how to handle herself.

I recall one night my oldest sister went to a high school dance. That Christmas my Mom bought my sister an expensive leather jacket. Earlier that night my Mom told my sister to not wear that coat to the dance. Mom figured someone may steal the coat. Mom had good instincts and my sisters coat was stolen.

My aunt Ida was visiting that night more or less a babysitter for my younger brother sister and I. My older sister came home crying about her coat being missing. My Mom was not home but came home shortly after my sister arrived home. My Mom asked my sister what happened she told Mom. She knew the guys first name that took the coat but that was it.

Aunt Ida was also a police woman detective she looked at me and asked me do you know anyone who fits that description or name. I said I thnk so but I do know where to go to find out for sure That was a local malt shop where plenty of wayward kids hung out.Ida told me get in the car I'll take you to the malt shop and you can ask around. With a few minutes I found out where the guys that stole my sisters coat hung around.

Aunt Ida and I came back home Ida told Mom this little jackass "me" might know where to look for the coat. We all hopped into Ida's car and went to a restaurant a local drive in.Outside of the restaurant were several bikes parked and the bikers were inside. Mom told me stay in the car. At the time I was about 12 years old. Mom and Ida went into the restaurant. I waited about a minute and went inside the restaurant. Aunt Ida said to me get behind me you little jackass.

One of the bikers girlfriend was wearing my sisters coat. My Mom walked up and told them she did not want any trouble she just wanted the coat back. The woman wearing the coat looked as if she was going to give it back. Her biker boyfriend stood up from the table and told Mom to hit the road. The woman wearing the coat went into the bathroom by this time Mom is super ticked off. Now the guy pulls out a large hunting knife from the sheath on his belt.

Mom was pretty cool she backed up maybe fifteen feet or so. Now Mom is straring the guy down. Mom reached into her coat pocket and pulled out this model ten. The model 10 was pointed center mass at the guy. Mom told the guy put your knife on the table or I will send you home in a box. Then go sit at this tables on the other side of the restaurant.

The guy did his gilfriend gave back the coat. Now one of the workers in the restaurant yells out I'm calling the cops. Mom told him go ahead and we will wait for them to arrive. Aunt Ida walked over to the phone and talked with the cops on the phone. About five minutes later the cops rolled up they knew Mom and Ida. One cop told Ida we figured you two didn't need us.

On the way home Mom looked at me and said Please don't tell your Father about this. I honored her wishes and never did tell Dad.

akf.jpg
    Edited Feb 5, 2018
  20. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Feb 5, 2018

Hi Voere;

Great tale that you share with us! Nothing like a nickel finish to get and hold the attention of the miscreants. Bet your Smith & Wesson 2-inch .38 Special was manufactured prior to 1957 when Smith & Wesson adopted the model number nomenclature (such as Model 10) for their revolvers. It displays all the features of a late-1940s to mid-1950s Smith & Wesson K-Frame revolver: "five-screw" frame (features both a larger screw at the top of the side plate and a screw at the top of the front of the trigger guard), half-moon front sight, "fish-hook" hammer spur (factory termed it the "Speed Hammer). Only thing missing is the original "diamond" walnut stock panels (which may have been swapped out for those nice newer stocks).

Would be interesting to know the revolver's serial number or at least the first four characters of the serial number. Should be a "C" prefix followed by numerals, found on the revolver's butt. The serial number is also seen elsewhere on the revolver: on the bottom of the barrel, on the back of the cylinder, on the inside of the frame and seen when the cylinder is opened. Serial number is also hidden beneath the ejector star and is stamped on the internal side of the side plate.

[​IMG]
    One just like it only in blue finish lives here. This one dates to 1951. Wear pattern indicates heavy holster use so it was likely a lawman's side arm. It's still a very serviceable revolver and I carry it from time to time.

A good bank customer of mine tried to just give it to me after they adopted an infant, saying they didn't want the gun in the house with a small child. I'd just helped them finance a swimming pool. I'd have been more concerned about the swimming pool and a small child than I would have been concerned with a properly stowed gun around a small child. Due to the revolver's market value I wouldn't accept it out right so bought the customer a pair of large decorative concrete frogs he had wanted to place around the pool's landscaping.

McKinley and UncleBuck like this.