Forums Latest Members

So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

1. Wryfox Oct 6, 2020

You can find barely used Wilson's on Gunbroker for 1/2 price.

I still have a 1911 that bill wilson himself built in 1988. Barrel lug broke a few years ago, called Wilson for replacement, and the CS person said hold on, then clicked over to bill himself who said he would fix it for free, and he did. Plus they went through it and gave it a general overhaul, and refinish to boot.

Waltesefalcon, noelekal and watchknut like this.
  2. 64Wing Oct 6, 2020

Sounds like exactly the type of service I seek in high-value purchases. Nice to know that some people understand the difference between running a company and doing business.

Thanks for sharing!

Ps... Would love a few shots of that piece!

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  3. 64Wing Oct 6, 2020

I'd say your set-up there looks clean and orderly. I thought about reloads but have a buddy who's 13 YO son enjoys doing it and does it well (just like his old man taught him). If I want some cheap range stuff I'll have him load it.

Rodentman likes this.
  4. 64Wing Oct 6, 2020

I've handled both. Don't care for the sights on the Hellcat...or the trigger. Also, the Sig is made here in the USA in NH. I think if you're a Glock guy the Hellcat would be just a slight bit more familiar to you. But IMHO, for pretty much identical price points you get more with Sig.

You can put optics on either one, though you may need an adapter.

Keith88lx and Waltesefalcon like this.
  5. ArtVandlay Oct 7, 2020

Ill plug for the sig 365xl great piece and rail for attachments...and a few pics for size (a PO with a Sub). Note the 12 round magazine for a sub. Really the only way to know is to shoot them for yourself but that's not always easy to do. I have a Springfield XD40 and prefer both my sigs (P320 as well) over the Springfield. Good luck with your decision and hope this helps.

CA5E1EF7-6168-41E2-A727-504E79B12154.jpeg 80490540-328F-4639-9CD8-6A2D9BCD4D2B.jpeg

6. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

We’re not allowed firearms in UK
    We’re not even allowed replica ones without being part of a re-enactment group

7. 64Wing Oct 7, 2020

Come on over!

ArtVandlay, Wryfox and noelekal like this.
  8. MtnMarine Oct 7, 2020

I love all firearms!

Rodentman and noelekal like this.
  9. Wryfox Oct 8, 2020

I do alot of business in the UK. I love hosting visits here in the US because we always end up at the shooting range.

Wanna see a bunch of middle aged guys turn into giddy wide eyed 8yr olds? That's how.

10. valkyrie_rider Oct 8, 2020

Same here, whenever I have teammates visiting from Europe, a visit to the range is mandatory.
    :)

Wryfox and noelekal like this.
  11. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Oct 8, 2020

I have written about this here earlier in the thread.
    Sweden (as always) are somewhere in the middle. We do have a lot of weapons. They are however used for hunting - and hunting weapons are not used for crime - here. That is proved by statistics. Revolvers, pistols and other weapons not intended for hunting are very restricted. Hunting rifles are however also restricted - to a well defined and broadly accepted balance. Me - for instance am allowed 4 rifles without any further explanation. I have got a 308W, two 12 shotguns and a 22LR. If I would like another hunting rifle I would have to explain what use I have that is not met with the ones I already have. All of this is not a problem normally - if you are a citizen in good standing (not a criminal) and have the proper weapon education (theoretical and practical).

I believe we have hit the sweet spot - having weapons and using them for the intended purpose. I realize we are living in very different environments - my first reaction to someone entering my home without my permission is phoning the police, etc. (The ones doing home invasion do not have weapons either...)

PS. At one time half a million Swedish citizens had a military weapon at home - being part of our "home defence strategy". At the time we were about 8 million. These weapons were not used in murders or crime. Sometime for suicide though...

PS II I have come to believe Canada is somewhat similar to Sweden when it comes to weapons. Is that true?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Oct 8, 2020
  12. Professor Oct 8, 2020

How is the grenade attack situation in Sweden these days?
    Are the politicians still trying to sweep it under the rug?

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  13. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Oct 8, 2020

Sounds like the Swede’s have a mob problem after reading up on the grenade/ bombings problems.

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 8, 2020

Similar. There’s no “justification” required for ownership of any particular firearm, but things like handguns are restricted weapons, and are tightly controlled. Fully automatic weapons are not allowed, and things like sizes of magazines are controlled.

Of course to acquire any firearm, you must have a license, which requires training and testing.

We have lots of guns here, but they don’t tend to be the objects of obsession like they are in other places. There are certainly some who think this way, but they are thankfully in the minority here. Owning a firearm here is a privilege that has to be earned, and can be taken away...it is not a right, and few people here would want it to be.

Cheers, Al

15. larryganz The cable guy Oct 8, 2020

Nice. My P365 has been great. It's not as small and light as my Kahr PM9 with 7 rounds, or S&W 360PD revolver, but it's a great bang for the buck (pun intended). Those extra 4-6 rounds (depending on chamber empty or not and 10 or 12 round magazine) def add some weight.

For my son’s birthday last year I converted his P365 into the manual safety version at his request, and it turned out really well. I was thinking I might do that to mine. But I have not done so yet, since all of my pistols currently in the house operate the same way as double action only. I just make sure they are either locked up or in a holster to cover the trigger.

My wife and daughters don't want to be thoroughly trained in weapons with a safety (single or double action), but they have used my Kahr and Glock at the range, and want to keep things simple. Hence why I keep the FN FNS-9 LNIB and locked up and I sold all of my 1911's - so they would not have to figure out "is this one cocked and locked or is this a striker fire double action only", etc and blah blah blah...

ArtVandlay likes this.
  16. 64Wing Oct 8, 2020

I was fortunate to have the choice between the thumb safety or not as both were in stock. I opted for the safety knowing that I could carry it with the safety engaged or off. I've been "building" a custom 1911 with Wilson Combat on paper and might pull the trigger (pun intended) on one late next year, but I'm not in a hurry.

Glad to hear your household all has at least some level of competency with your firearms. I think this is vitally important from a safety standpoint.

Would love to see photos of the work you did on your son's piece if you have any.

Cheers, Larry!

larryganz likes this.
  17. 64Wing Oct 8, 2020

Those are some handsome looking firearms there, sir!

styggpyggeno1 likes this.
  18. larryganz The cable guy Oct 8, 2020

I believe that I posted some pictures here in this thread sometime around December, as I believe the work was done possibly a few days before Christmas. I’ll check when I’m not in my iPhone later.

19. 64Wing Oct 9, 2020

I'll have a look! Sometimes it's hard to pick through a thread on this phone

20. larryganz The cable guy Oct 9, 2020

Apparently I posted about it on Jan 3rd, but didn't include a pic of all the parts that I bought to have my gunsmith do the manual safety conversion (ambient safety lever, new grip, safety springs, etc). It was all bolt-on but I didn't want to screw up anything this dangerous myself and hired a professional.
    902244-b9fdd366dc47c83031e6b3d345a41b7b.jpg

64Wing likes this.