So… what IS Daniel Craig, exactly?

It’s weird, right? That he’s become, like, Omega’s official tease-mannequin? Their de facto testbed platform?

I’m sure he’s paid well for his ambassadorship, but I wonder if he also enjoys this role per se. He has to know that whenever he sashays into the limelight with an unreleased watch, at least a few thousand people on the internet are going to dork out over his wrist, of all things.

Do other watch brands have a celebrity they deploy in this way?

Like 2
I'd say David Beckham has this same association with Tudor, perhaps even more.

Like 1
I’m sure he’s paid well for his ambassadorship,

Exactly. And Omega is clearly confident their investment in him will yield a worthwhile share of earned media; watch blogs and influencers writing articles, posting on social channels, and stoking interest/demand for its releases.

He's part of a media strategy that's far more streamlined than buying media space (TV air time, web banners, magazine ads) and hiring directors, photographers, editors, colorists, wardrobe, makeup, and all the other things that go into traditional advertising. Why spend all that time and money when you can slap a hunk of metal on his wrist, trot him out an an event, snap a few photos and let the internet do its thing?

Cheers,
-Grant

Like 2
but I wonder if he also enjoys this role per se.

It's really worth keeping in mind that this is a man who took on the role of James Bond, and everything that that meant in terms of popularity and limelight. Examine that context and role first, and then decide if this brand ambassadorship makes sense as a next step. Imo.

Do other watch brands have a celebrity they deploy in this way?

Not in the same way or to the same degree. Not close. It's, in a way, a page out of Rolexes playbook. Ian Fleming was a titan during his time and spoke out (and wrote about) more than once about his love for Rolex.

Here we are, half a century later, and Omega has managed to take Fleming's character and actor and make them the brand ambassador. Whether or not intentional it is a master stroke.
Edited:

Like 1
His lanyard likes to think of its wearer as much, much more than just a measly "ambassador"...

Like 4
His lanyard likes to think of its wearer as much, much more than just a measly "ambassador"...
Can’t believe security let him in, those two guys are completely different

Like 6
Lewis Hamilton & IWC come to mind too

If I were a watch nerd (like Craig is said to be) and I were famous enough to be paid to wear upcoming unreleased watches, I’d be extra thrilled to get a break from being told to wear whatever slow-selling diamond-studded nonsense they usually put on their ‘ambassadors’

Like 4
The guy is just cool. I think that he has been great for the Omega brand.

Like 19
Lewis Hamilton & IWC come to mind too

If I were a watch nerd (like Craig is said to be) and I were famous enough to be paid to wear upcoming unreleased watches, I’d be extra thrilled to get a break from being told to wear whatever slow-selling diamond-studded nonsense they usually put on their ‘ambassadors’

IWC basically never puts diamonds on mens watches.

Lewis Hamilton persuaded them to put 12 very subtle diamonds on the hour markers of his 44 piece limited edition platinum Portugieser tourbillon.

https://www.iwc.com/en/journal/portugieser-tourbillon-retrograde-chronograph-lewis-hamilton.html

100% . Hope Craig continues to be an ambassador after a new Bond is announced. I also think George Clooney is a big win on their list of ambassadors.

Like 2
I agree, have you seen his watch collection? Dude lives and breathes Omega watches!

Like 1
Isn't that Thom Yorke from The Smile.

Like 1
Dude lives and breathes Omega watches
As a Senior Executive/Brand Ambassador, this tracks. :D

Like 1
Having grown up watching Moore then Dalton and then Brosnan in the role (and obviously all the Connery repeats) I wanted to hate Daniel Craig when he was chosen but I quickly fell in love with the guy as Bond, arguably THE best one ever plus La4er Cake is the bollox:cool: so I agree with most of the above posts that he's a massive catch for Omega, plus all the ladies seem to luuuuurve him.

Like 1
Speaking of which, why are there not loads of ladies on here showing off their constellations and aquas?::confused2::

Like 1
Speaking of which, why are there not loads of ladies on here showing off their constellations and aquas?::confused2::

Most women tend to go gaga over shoes, handbags and non functional sparkly shit before they worry about a device to tell the time, and then they do often choose one so bloody tiny and totally encrusted in the aforementioned sparkly shit that any utility in the form of readability is lost! :D
It's a rare bird indeed that goes for proper time pieces and those that do should be respectfully admired
Edited:

Like 1
The is noting subtle about sticking sparkly shit on watches!
It is the very antithesis of subtle

Fair enough, but Lewis’s IWC tourbillon is low key compared to the blinged out Bond 60th

upload_2024-8-9_18-3-29.jpeg

Like 2
Fair enough, but Lewis’s IWC tourbillon is low key compared to the blinged out Bond 60th

upload_2024-8-9_18-3-29.jpeg
Ghastly! An abomination and a crime against, style, good taste and horology....fit only for pimps, actors and bloody poodle fakers!

Like 1