SMPc outside COSC specs

Way to be persistent. Omega is pretty good about warranty repairs. Once they look inside the case it will be obvious that it needs to be overhauled.

Update:

Just got my SMPc back from service under factory warranty here in Colombia. I was not charged anything. They returned it with a generic cushion in a zippo plastic bag. Wish I would have gotten those nice red Omega bags I've read folks sometimes getting back. But, that's minor. I think that the bracelets links are now polished, since don't see some of the marks I had before. Case and clasp looks like it was left unpolished (a plus, personally).

omega1.jpg

They gave me this paper which looks like pressure test results. Don't know how to read it, but hope everything looks okay within spec here.

omega2.jpg

It translates as:

Pressure test: -0.2 bar
Maximum deformation: -0.70 um
Hermetic value: -0.8 %/min

Pressure test: +1.0 bar
Maximum deformation: +4.18 um
Hermetic value: +2.2 %/min

Impermeable con corona cerrada
= waterproof with crown screwed down.

Confused now if there is any warranty. The watch was bought at the AD in April, 2019. So, the five-year factory warranty expired last month. However, with this new service, in which the watch was handed under warranty (in March, 2024) and returned to me today, not sure how it works. I asked the lady that handed me the watch and she did not know. Anybody know if there is now factory warranty for two years from today on?

Way to be persistent! The technician was not being helpful.

Update:

Just got my SMPc back from service under factory warranty here in Colombia. I was not charged anything. They returned it with a generic cushion in a zippo plastic bag. Wish I would have gotten those nice red Omega bags I've read folks sometimes getting back. But, that's minor. I think that the bracelets links are now polished, since don't see some of the marks I had before. Case and clasp looks like it was left unpolished (a plus, personally).

omega1.jpg

They gave me this paper which looks like pressure test results. Don't know how to read it, but hope everything looks okay within spec here.

omega2.jpg

It translates as:

Pressure test: -0.2 bar
Maximum deformation: -0.70 um
Hermetic value: -0.8 %/min

Pressure test: +1.0 bar
Maximum deformation: +4.18 um
Hermetic value: +2.2 %/min

Impermeable con corona cerrada
= waterproof with crown screwed down.

Confused now if there is any warranty. The watch was bought at the AD in April, 2019. So, the five-year factory warranty expired last month. However, with this new service, in which the watch was handed under warranty (in March, 2024) and returned to me today, not sure how it works. I asked the lady that handed me the watch and she did not know. Anybody know if there is now factory warranty for two years from today on?

I can't speak for Colombia, things might be different there but usually as you suggest, any warranty intervention or factory servicing has an automatic 2 year warranty, so yes you do in effect have an extension. I would want paperwork supporting this though and it sounds like you were not given any.
Edited:

I can't speak for Colombia, things might be different there but usually as you suggest, any warranty intervention or factory servicing has an automatic 2 year warranty, so yes you do have in effect have an extension. I would want paperwork supporting this though and it sounds like you were not given any.
Thanks for confirming this. Do they usually handle new red cards of some sort? They did return to me yesterday my original red warranty card.

I do have a physical paper they gave me when sent to warranty service in March. Also, an email from a couple days ago saying the watch was ready. Hopefully won't need anything these two years, but if anything occurs, at least I have that as written proof it went under factory warranty service this year.
Edited:

Thanks for confirming this. Do they usually handle new red cards of some sort? They did return to me yesterday my original red warranty card.

I do have a physical paper they gave me when it sent to warranty service in March. Also, an email from a couple days ago saying the watch was ready. Hopefully won't need anything these two years, but if anything occurs, at least I have that as written proof it went under factory warranty service this year.
No new cards usually but the email should be enough. I got a 4 year old Speedmaster serviced under warranty a couple of months ago. When I collected it I got a job sheet confirming the work and stating the 2 year warranty. I think it’s safe to assume yours is covered. Omega will have a record of the work even if you don’t. My watch was sold new by a Japanese AD in late 2019, but manufactured in 2012 so it’s no surprise it needed some love.

No new cards usually but the email should be enough. I got a 4 year old Speedmaster serviced under warranty a couple of months ago. When I collected it I got a job sheet confirming the work and stating the 2 year warranty. I think it’s safe to assume yours is covered. Omega will have a record of the work even if you don’t. My watch was sold new by a Japanese AD in late 2019, but manufactured in 2012 so it’s no surprise it needed some love.
Nice! A Sapphire Sandwich Speedy is next on my list. Should make a nice pair with the SMPc.
Edited:

Update: Been wearing it since last Wed. 5/23 for 8-12 hours/day. Just checked the app, and it's been running +5 sec/day. So, within COSC specs.

I do have my suspicion that it was not fully serviced/overhauled, since I did find dirt under the bezel upon receiving it last week.

My guess is that they just regulated the movement, since the bezel/case should have gone through an ultrasonic cleaning. If you remember, the Omega technician was not that overly enthusiastic to having to work for "free" this watch when I handed it to him.

Oh well, at least it's running within specs now. Hope it stays that way for a few years.

dirt1.jpg
dirt2.jpg
Edited: