Small second hand won't stop while setting time.

I have just received a used 1973 omaga seamaster chronograph (blue). Seems to run very well. After winding I pulled out the crown to set the hands and I noticed the small second hand was still running. I thought that everything stops when the crown in pulled out all the way. should I be concerned about that.

I have just received a used 1973 omaga seamaster chronograph (blue). Seems to run very well. After winding I pulled out the crown to set the hands and I noticed the small second hand was still running. I thought that everything stops when the crown in pulled out all the way. should I be concerned about that.
Are you sure the movement hacks? A Zenith El Primero, Omega cal. 321, cal 861 and cal 1861 don't for example.

What you are referring to is called a hacking function. Assuming your watch has the cal. 1040 movement, then there isn't a hacking function.

ST 176.007
upload_2024-6-28_16-26-53.png

Like 3
Yes! This is my watch! Do I have a 1040 movement? I assume then that the small second hand will continue to run.

Like 1
Often, a little back-pressure while setting the time will freeze the running seconds if you need to set it with that precision.

Like 1