Forums Latest Members

sizing bracelet at Omega Boutique

1. g-boac Apr 25, 2021

Does anybody have experience with knowing who actually sizes your bracelet if you bring it by an Omega Boutique? Are these sized by a watchmaker or tech on staff who regularly works on watches, or a sales associate such as at some ADs? Or is this service only offered at those boutiques that are also attached to service centers?

Edited Apr 25, 2021
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 25, 2021

Could be any of the above...it really depends on how the boutique is manned, so if you want to know for sure, ask before you hand them the bracelet.

3. fc3861 Apr 25, 2021

In my local boutique, they have a manager, watch technician (something lower level than watchmaker I think), and sales associates. All of them have bracelet sizing capability. I've had multiple visits for sizing and have never had an issue. They always seem careful and have the proper tools and at least look like they know what they're doing.

Glederz and connieseamaster like this.
  4. Cenzo Apr 25, 2021

When I got my Speedmaster from someone on this forum, I brought it to the Boutique in Chicago and they couldn't have been nicer. No questions asked, they sized if for me on the spot. They take it in a back room so you don't see them working on it - but they seem confident and competent when sizing the watch. The took their time and it took a couple of tries (taking off some links, then another one) before it fit. A positive experience for me.

Glederz likes this.
  5. g-boac Apr 25, 2021

Thank you all for your time and replies, all helpful and good to know. Thanks!

6. texasmade Apr 26, 2021

I've had the watch technician, manager, and sales associate all size bracelets for me at the Omega boutique.

7. Butik Apr 27, 2021

Warsaw Omega boutique have a few salesmen trained in resizing bracelets / changing straps. Most of the times when I need their help they do it in front of me, in special corner / desk, usually takes a few minutes maximum.

8. abgul Apr 27, 2021

In Sydney Australia they always have watch-maker in their rather large (and cinematic) service centre on the second floor.

9. AngelDeVille Apr 27, 2021

My local AD has a pretty decent staff but no watchmaker or tech (I asked). I would trust them to size a bracelet correctly.

10. josiahg52 Apr 27, 2021

The boutique in Honolulu installed a link in my ancient Seamaster Chronograph Titane that I brought in. They even replaced a couple missing barrels. Probably just replaced both the pin and barrels. No problems, no grief, no cost. Agree with others, however. It surely depends on the individual, the staff, the existence of the odd policy. Best to ask first and make clear what you want, what they will/will not/can/cannot do, and any costs that might be incurred.