Servicing my Omega Speedmaster

my Omega stopped working and I went to our local Goldsmiths shop for a quote.
Here is what I got. Frankly, the price and 24 week time seem to me excessive for the work suggested to me.

Any help?
Thank you
Ric

-------------------

Following careful examination by a Master Watchmaker, diagnostics have shown that to return your timepiece to its original functional and aesthetic specifications, the following interventions and/or components are required:

The following work is deemed necessary:

Complete Service - £860.00

~Foreign particles on the dial, date mechanism requires servicing.

Next steps

The estimated length of time to complete all work will be 24 weeks from the date of receiving your proceed notification. This date is given as a guideline only and is subject to the availability of the components detailed above and quality control. If you are happy with the estimate provided, please reply to this email with your confirmation on how you wish to proceed:

Welcome to OF. It would help the forum members if you provided the reference number for your watch, and a photo.

the reference number is

watch n 86626956
caliber 3330

I do not have a photo, sorry.

Price doesn't seem too excessive per Omega's pricelist:

Screenshot_20231201-155111.png

I can offer the photo of the warranty cards. The watch is currently at Goldsmiths.

This is just the nature of mechanical watches. It costs money to maintain them.

This is an alternative.

single_card_variation_2_moon_1080x1080.jpg

I am aware they are expensive (my soul was ready!) but I did know if the quote was a correct one in terms of price and time since it is the first servicing round. I will trust Goldsmiths to do it. I saw another name in London but on Trustpilot there are some horror stories. Thank you for all your help. And no I will not buy a Swatch 😀

Ric

It is a much better alternative. May be quicker service period and better for any potential resale of the watch.