Service or leave?

This is my 3520.50, which I bought a year or so ago, but have no service record.
I wear my watches in rotation, and give this one a few winds to kick it off when starting to wear it again. The problem is that winding is very stiff, having to use my thumbnail to get purchase.
It's a shame as it sets and runs really well, only losing about 20 seconds a week.
My question is: do I fork out for a service now, or wait until there is another problem to have it done?
Grateful as ever, to experts and to OF.

Personally, I would service, then put it on a winder if I wore occasionally, because I’m sure setting the day and month every time you want to wear it is a pain — and I can’t wear a watch with a date unless it is correct.

Once serviced, the winder wouldn’t cause any substantial wear, and probably less than what you are causing now with an unserviced watch with likely no lubrication. Many people sell these watches once they find out how much it costs to service them, so I doubt your has been serviced in ten years, if ever.
Edited:

Do right by your watch and service it so that you can better enjoy it.

I recently purchased a Mk40 and had a similar issue with relatively hard hand winding. I know I'm planning to keep it so I took it for a service to make sure everything would continue to stay working well. I had no idea of what the previous owner had done as far as maintenance. Service was quoted at about $500 plus replacement of a worn winding wheel brought it to $610. But now after service it's running excellent and should continue to do so. If you're planning to keep it, a service should save you money in the long run.

It could just be the rubber seal in the crown tube an easy cheap fix
These swell and harden with age

It won’t keep time better then 2/3 seconds a day after a service
Take it to a watchmaker and get his opinion a honest one will just do the seal if that’s causing the winding problem

Personally, I would service, then put it on a winder if I wore occasionally, because I’m sure setting the day and month every time you want to wear it is a pain — and I can’t wear a watch with a date unless it is correct.

Once serviced, the winder wouldn’t cause any substantial wear, and probably less than what you are causing now with an unserviced watch with likely no lubrication. Many people sell these watches once they find out how much it costs to service them, so I doubt your has been serviced in ten years, if ever.
Thanks....must admit to being the same in that way, day and date need to be set correctly before I'll wear it. A winder?...more research needed.

It won’t keep time better then 2/3 seconds a day after a service
Take it to a watchmaker and get his opinion a honest one will just do the seal if that’s causing the winding problem
I was thinking along these lines. My other autos can't match my speedy for accuracy and it's off my wrist for 10hrs overnight with no problems. A straight-talking watchmaker, an element of luck needed there I guess?

Thanks guys, for all of your helpful replies. Now just need to find a helpful, uk based, watchmaker!

I like interacting with my vintage watches, winding and setting day/ date these are personal preferences.