Seamaster vs Seamaster Chronometer

I have tried to search for a thread that describes the difference between a Seamaster and one labeled as a Chronometer without success. I understand a chronometer has a higher degree of timing precision, but do the Seamasters' labeled as Chronometer have the same movements, but those particular movements were tested to be more accurate? Between the two versions, will the accuracy be noticeable to the layman watch wearer?

Many of the chronometers have a slightly different chronometer-grade variant. If you are talking about vintage watches, the present-day accuracy will usually depend more on how the watch has been maintained over the years (and therefore, the condition of the movement) than anything else, but chronometers are interesting and less common and therefore somewhat more collectible. They also have more writing on the dial, which some people like and some people don't like. Are these the general type of Seamasters you're considering? 50s and 60s? Or are we talking about something totally different?

omega_seamasters.jpeg

Yes, those are the models/styles I’m considering. So the real difference today between these vintage watches is subjective vice any real timing accuracy.

Yes, those are the models/styles I’m considering. So the real difference today between these vintage watches is subjective vice any real timing accuracy.
The chronometer certification refers to testing that was performed on the movement when it was first manufactured. You shouldn't necessarily expect the same accuracy after 50-60 years. These Omega movements are all good quality and should keep good time if properly repaired/serviced/regulated, but you won't necessarily see chronometer-grade accuracy regardless of whether it was initially a chronometer or not.

The Omega Enthusiast once advised not to worry about chronometre vs non-chronometre status. He said proper servicing/calibration of the 5xx calibers would end up at the same place.
I like the look of Connie's and the cachet of chronometer status so I am more likely to buy them.