Seamaster Restoration

Hello people, I’ve recently decided to restore a 1964 Omega Seamaster ref. 125.007-63.
It has some rust on the winding bridge and the sub seconds hand which I can probably get rid of using WD-40. But I also have to replace the gaskets on the watch to in which I’m having trouble finding the right part.

If you guys have any suggestions on how to remove the rust and have any idea which gaskets I should use I would really appreciate it.

Looks like the bridge screw is toast so rust remover would be a waste of time. It also indicates that corrosion on the setting lever/yoke etc under the dial will be just as badly affected.

The only correct solution is a full strip and service. Anything less is a waste of time.
Any rusty parts still salvageable can be treated with rust remover, others will have to be replaced with new or used items.

B-30496_1.png

Money pit for a watch with a very polished case, incorrect crown and refinished dial.

I use EvapoRust, Alum and Kano Sili Kroil. Iron parts will probably need replacing.

Such is probably not cost effective, but it is fun.

Took two weeks in the Alum pickle for a recent watch to etch out the dial screw. Stem was real tricky as well. Had to protect it with wax. Movement now back together and tick when wound. Still need to test it on the timegrapher.

WD-40 is water displacement formula 40. It is not a lubricant. Designed as an antifreeze. Basically liquid sandpaper with the density of water. Keep well away from watches clocks and locks.

Welcome @Zeroks

Is this watch for a customer? Friend? You? It’s a hot mess and unless this is a fun project for you to cut your teeth in repairing watch movements or it has great sentimental value- it’s throwing good money (and time) after bad on this one.

Welcome @Zeroks

Is this watch for a customer? Friend? You? It’s a hot mess and unless this is a fun project for you to cut your teeth in repairing watch movements or it has great sentimental value- it’s throwing good money (and time) after bad on this one.
To be honest I got the watch for relatively cheap, which is why I’m considering working on it, parts for the cal. 269 not hard to find so I’m thinking it would be a fun project.

Money pit for a watch with a very polished case, incorrect crown and refinished dial.
To be honest I got the watch for relatively cheap, which is why I’m considering working on it, parts for the cal. 269 not hard to find so I’m thinking it would be a fun project.

Well, if it’s a project you want- a project you got! @sheepdoll seems to be a masochist who loves basket case projects like this. @MoclovFlop has also done some pretty amazing turd polishing that would make your eyes pop.

Bowler hat crowns are cool, but my grail is to find a vintage Omega with the original "nipple" crown.

Maybe @mac_omega knows of a reference I should be looing for.