Forums Latest Members
  1. Exmoor Feb 11, 2020

Hi,
    This is my first time on the site and online technology is not my strong point.I have a 1962 seamaster with a cream dial,cal 268,case 2990-1,movement 19202556.
    I have done some research but I am not sure how this mongrel came about does anyone have the definitive answer?

2. Biezmez Feb 11, 2020

Hi and welcome
    These are very well known within the omega watch community as the Seachero. There are many threads here regarding these. It would seem that the Ranchero watches were not that popular in Europe and on some of these watches the dials were changed for a seamaster dial. A number of these seem to crop up in Scandinavia and in particular in Sweden, so if you are based in that part of the world it would make sense.
    Are you able to provide some pictures?
    The Seachero is far less valuable than the original Ranchero.

Best regards
    Christopher.

3. Exmoor Feb 11, 2020

I live in England the watch was purchased from an English seller in 2010 for £290.00.Will try and attach photos.Thanks for the information I can stop calling it a mongrel. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. Biezmez Feb 11, 2020

Hi again

Do you also have a picture from the inside of the case back?
    Regards
    Chris

5. Exmoor Feb 11, 2020

Not sure if I know how to take the back off without scratching it.
    Regards
    Ian

6. Biezmez Feb 11, 2020

OK, Would be nice to confirm it. Here’s a link to another discussion on the forum. About half way down there’s a picture of a couple of Seachero’s and one of them is very similar to yours.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-ranchero.24614/

Looks like someone has really gone to town polishing your watch resulting in the highly polished case back. The lugs also appears to have lost some of the gold as well.

Has it been serviced recently?

7. Exmoor Feb 16, 2020

Sorry late in replying watch was serviced before purchase and serviced again a couple of months ago.It looks pretty much as originally purchased so may have been polished then.
    I have done quite a lot of further reading and research but I still can’t say I am attracted to bona fide rancheros.

Biezmez likes this.