Seamaster Cosmic Club – Pics, Info & Buyer’s Guide

I recently bought a manual seamaster cosmic jeffersonia dial. I fell in love with the dial and unfortunately I know that it has a scratch on it. I by no means think this is a perfect specimen of a watch but I wanted to share because it’s my baby! F9FBB970-0041-4C8F-8836-8655F20A89DC.jpeg

I've always loved that dial.

Hello all,

I am about to buy my first vintage watch. From all the Omega's it struck my eye the Seamaster Cosmic Ref. 166.045TOOL107 cal. 565.

PXL_20230517_065054852.jpg

I love how many things there are to watch on the dial when at the office and that space-age of the 60s aesthetic.

Is there some reason in the omega community that I cannot find too much information about it online ? Why not so loved ?

Well ... I bought it. Any idea which original buckler I am trying to find and trusted providers ? At Europe preferably.

Congrats!
Please do share some nice pictures?

As soon as I have it with the correct strap .... hopefully and buckle if I can source one

Hey guys,

I became the proud owner of my first Seamaster today. It's a Cosmic Automatic, 166.020, bought in 1968 by my grandfather. I was told it originally came with the Milanese strap, which is a bit broken though. Now I'd like to find out which movement is installed, could you help me with that? A copy of the user's manual would also be great, is there a chance of finding one somewhere?

Thank you and best regards

Irie

IMG_9502.jpeg IMG_9504.jpeg IMG_9503.jpeg

Hello all,

I am about to buy my first vintage watch. From all the Omega's it struck my eye the Seamaster Cosmic Ref. 166.045TOOL107 cal. 565.

PXL_20230517_065054852.jpg

I love how many things there are to watch on the dial when at the office and that space-age of the 60s aesthetic.

Is there some reason in the omega community that I cannot find too much information about it online ? Why not so loved ?

It's very not loved, we had an overhauled/serviced one, spotless, took nearly 2 years to sell

Hello Cosmonauts, there's a 165026 that's being sold locally and got my attention, I'm totally in love with the dial design. Now, I'm not a big expert but the case looks super sharp and clean, the dial has some marks on the outer part, but looks very well kept, crown is not original and shows some wear. No service history . It's got what it looks to be a 1068/523 bracelet (correct me if I'm wrong) which personally I'm not a big fan of and I'd consider reselling after getting the watch. I'll attach some pictures so maybe I can have some more expert opinion. I think I'd be able to get it for 500€ and maybe earn some money back reselling the bracelet (hopefully 200€?), how bad would you consider such a transaction? 🤔
166026 (1).jpeg 166026 (2).jpeg 166026 (3).jpeg 166026 (4).jpeg 166026 (5).jpeg 166026(6).jpg
Edited:

Hello Cosmonauts, there's a 165026 that's being sold locally and got my attention, I'm totally in love with the dial design. Now, I'm not a big expert but the case looks super sharp and clean, the dial has some marks on the outer part, but looks very well kept, crown looks original to me although it shows some wear. No service history . It's got what it looks to be a 1068/523 bracelet (correct me if I'm wrong) which personally I'm not a big fan of and I'd consider reselling after getting the watch. I'll attach some pictures so maybe I can have some more expert opinion. I think I'd be able to get it for 500€ and maybe earn some money back reselling the bracelet (hopefully 200€?), how bad would you consider such a transaction? 🤔
166026 (1).jpeg 166026 (2).jpeg 166026 (3).jpeg 166026 (4).jpeg 166026 (5).jpeg 166026(6).jpg

Well, if you do get it you should keep the bracelet. Original bracelets are both hard to locate and expensive and you never know when you’ll actually decide to wear it on the bracelet.

Oh, and the watch looks great 😀
Edited:

Well, if you do get it you should keep the bracelet. Original bracelets are both hard to locate and expensive and you never know when you’ll actually decide to wear it on the bracelet.

Oh, and the watch looks great 😀
Thanks Spruce! Yes, I noticed the attention bracelets get and I appreciate the suggestion. My idea of reselling it was merely based on aesthetic taste but underestimating how everyone's own taste changes with time is something that already hit me hard in the past, so I'll keep that in mind 👍.

Hello Cosmonauts, there's a 165026 that's being sold locally and got my attention, I'm totally in love with the dial design. Now, I'm not a big expert but the case looks super sharp and clean, the dial has some marks on the outer part, but looks very well kept, crown is not original and shows some wear...

I think the price is really good. I also second the recommendation to keep the bracelet. Hunting for and replacing bracelets is difficult and while I had intended to sell many of mine, I have grown to really enjoy them. This is one of my favorite dial designs in the Seamaster Cosmic range. I still have one in my collection that was retailed and double signed by Meister. I've also previously had and sold one retailed and double signed by Turler.

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

I think the price is really good. I also second the recommendation to keep the bracelet. Hunting for and replacing bracelets is difficult and while I had intended to sell many of mine, I have grown to really enjoy them. This is one of my favorite dial designs in the Seamaster Cosmic range. I still have one in my collection that was retailed and double signed by Meister. I've also previously had and sold one retailed and double signed by Turler.

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg
They are gorgeous, and I believe quite unique pieces! 🥰

Hi everyone.
I would love to join the SM cosmic club and found a watch at a reasonable sounding price (300€).
The only thing that makes me hesitate to buy ist is that I know the gaskets need to be changed but do not find them online.
Is there any hint where to find the 3 gaskets?
Thanks a lot!
P.S.: Oh, it should be a 166.032 from what i see on pics.
166130.jpg
Edited:

Hello Cosmic lovers. Maybe y'all can help me. I cannot find much information about this ladies 24mm Cosmic Automatic.
I found this little lady in my stuff, I bought her about 10 years or so in France, wore it a few times, and then I got into much larger watches and I forgot about her. I don't recall anything that I was told about the watch when I bought it.

I found a completed ebay listing that is quite similar except the markers are different and it has a date and it is stainless. I am assuming mine is gold plated?

I just took these out today to give to a friend who's dad is an independent watchmaker in the UK, and he is going to take them over (I am in Portugal) try and get them jumpstarted, and will get me a reference number on the Cosmic. I think I would like to wear this little lady again! She's cute!

But also, to be honest, something feels about off about this dial. I am just wondering if anyone can help me confirm if it is original. Given that its a 24mm, I don't think its a very profitable or popular model to be making weird copies of, but hey you never know. I just can't find any details on the ladies models.

(Sidenote- I'm also trying to figure out the value and path forward for the 1915 trench watch but I know thats for another thread 😀)

Thanks guys!

Hello Cosmic lovers. Maybe y'all can help me. I cannot find much information about this ladies 24mm Cosmic Automatic.
I found this little lady in my stuff, I bought her about 10 years or so in France, wore it a few times, and then I got into much larger watches and I forgot about her. I don't recall anything that I was told about the watch when I bought it.

I found a completed ebay listing that is quite similar except the markers are different and it has a date and it is stainless. I am assuming mine is gold plated?

I just took these out today to give to a friend who's dad is an independent watchmaker in the UK, and he is going to take them over (I am in Portugal) try and get them jumpstarted, and will get me a reference number on the Cosmic. I think I would like to wear this little lady again! She's cute!

But also, to be honest, something feels about off about this dial. I am just wondering if anyone can help me confirm if it is original. Given that its a 24mm, I don't think its a very profitable or popular model to be making weird copies of, but hey you never know. I just can't find any details on the ladies models.

(Sidenote- I'm also trying to figure out the value and path forward for the 1915 trench watch but I know thats for another thread 😀)

Thanks guys!
You should be able to find the reference number on the case, on the part that's facing your wrist. It might be somethig like this https://www.carousell.ph/p/vintage-...illed-ladies-swiss-made-pre-order-1069614175/ a 565.010, but I don't know much about ladies version of the Cosmic. Also here's a good read and there's a couple ladies watches posted. https://omegaforums.net/threads/i-fell-in-love-with-seamaster-cosmic.81158/

Looking for some help...I am looking to potentially buy a 1970's Cosmic 2000 38mm (non C case) and the seller states the movement was serviced and is a cal. 565, I'm new to this line but in the short research i've done i thought these had the Cal. 1012? I'm unsure of the Ref.# but it looks just like the 166.128 model. Thanks for any help on this!