Seamaster Cosmic Club – Pics, Info & Buyer’s Guide

Looking for some help...I am looking to potentially buy a 1970's Cosmic 2000 38mm (non C case) and the seller states the movement was serviced and is a cal. 565, I'm new to this line but in the short research i've done i thought these had the Cal. 1012? I'm unsure of the Ref.# but it looks just like the 166.128 model. Thanks for any help on this!

In any case before buying a preowned watch you should ask for high detailed pictures. There you should see which calibre it has and which reference it is. Then do your research on Omega's website for vintage watches.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/vintage-watches?product_collection=3179

you have one you’d like to share a pic of?

unfortunately, no. many years ago I had just made a final payment on one and then it was stolen before I could get it in hand. I was just curious about why there are no 2000's allowed in this thread. is it a bad model? something else?

unfortunately, no. many years ago I had just made a final payment on one and then it was stolen before I could get it in hand. I was just curious about why there are no 2000's allowed in this thread. is it a bad model? something else?

No, it's not a bad model. Completely arbitrary decision – I just think the original Cosmics look better 😀

Sorry, noob here, why no 2000’s?

Stated in the original post. You are more than welcome to start a new thread titled "Post your Seamaster Cosmic 2000's" or something like that.

No, it's not a bad model. Completely arbitrary decision – I just think the original Cosmics look better 😀
thanks, I was just curious and now I know 😀

Stated in the original post. You are more than welcome to start a new thread titled "Post your Seamaster Cosmic 2000's" or something like that.
I didn't want to post one here, I just wanted to know why. some people are curious and ask questions, I am one 😉

My first vintage watch.

After one month still seems so shiny and special to my eyes ... nothing like the norm of average modern watches.

PXL_20230914_130902955.jpg

My first vintage watch.

After one month still seems so shiny and special to my eyes ... nothing like the norm of average modern watches.

PXL_20230914_130902955.jpg
Beautiful, where did you get the strap if I may ask?

These are all bangers, would love to join the club 😉

Currently considering buying this one, seller and I just agreed for €250. It's working but it seems to me like the crystal took a big hit at the bottom part though, and the crown is missing. I've asked for more pictures, hopefully in better quality. Any opinions?

Currently considering buying this one, seller and I just agreed for €250. It's working but it seems to me like the crystal took a big hit at the bottom part though, and the crown is missing. I've asked for more pictures, hopefully in better quality. Any opinions?
Hard to say with this quality 🙁 only noticeable thing is the missing crown and the radial brushing on the front of the case "seems" to still be there

I think you need more, and better pictures??

What's your budget for restoration?

With the crown missing, moisture incursion and rusted movement is very possible. Don't be surprised if the repair bill stretches into multiple hundreds of euros on this piece.

I'm still waiting for the seller to answer and provide more pictures, I get the feeling I won't receive much more information, hopefully I'll be surprised.

What's your budget for restoration?

I'd say around 300 grand total maximum. Do you think it's manageable?

Since my first message I've had a crush on another Cosmic in much better condition on eBay... and my fiancee ordered it today! It's a 166.023 Tool 105 Date and it will be my very first Omega - the fact that it'll be an engagement present makes it even more special.

I've been looking back and forth at vintage Omegas for some time now and Seamaster Cosmics really put their spell on me. Genuinely can't wait to rock this one, absolutely loved everything on it - the dial and hands color combination, fixo-flex bracelet...

Here it is: eBay link
Pictures for archive purposes:
IMG-20230930-WA0021.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0022.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0030.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0029.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0028.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0027.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0026.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0025.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0024.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0023.jpg

Special thanks to @Nupero for his great buyer guide.
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I'm still waiting for the seller to answer and provide more pictures, I get the feeling I won't receive much more information, hopefully I'll be surprised.

Since my first message I've had a crush on another Cosmic in much better condition on eBay... and my fiancee ordered it today! It's a 166.023 Tool 105 Date and it will be my very first Omega - the fact that it'll be an engagement present makes it even more special.

I've been looking back and forth at vintage Omegas for some time now and Seamaster Cosmics really put their spell on me. Genuinely can't wait to rock this one, absolutely loved everything on this one - the dial and hands color combination, fixo-flex bracelet...

Here it is: eBay link
Pictures for archive purposes:
IMG-20230930-WA0021.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0022.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0030.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0029.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0028.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0027.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0026.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0025.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0024.jpg IMG-20230930-WA0023.jpg

This looks to be in better conditions than the previous one. Just a heads up: make sure you're aware of the size. I own a ref. 165.026SP and its case size it's a little bit larger than 35mm and I feel it's on the edge of "feeling small" especially since it’s not an “all dial”. 33 It’s going to be quite small compared to most modern men’s wristwatches, and even compared to a lot of vintage ones. It’s just something to be aware of and maybe you already were 👍

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.

It depends on the watchmaker & what level of restoration work you need, & if that's also intended to include some degree of cosmetic work. I expect €300 would roughly get you a movement service, a replacement crown & stem, & not much else. And that's without knowing the actual condition of the movement & what other parts this piece may need replacing.