Seamaster 300 Big Triangle Vs. Seamaster CK 2913

Hello Forum
I'm a Speedmaster enthusiast but in January I took a first step into the Seamaster world and purchased an SM300 Professional Big Triangle which I'm happy with.
Now I have the possibility to exchange it at par for a Seamaster ck 2913-3.
Unfortunately I can't have both and I'm very torn about what to do.
I know it's a matter of taste but I ask the more experienced among you to help me in terms of both commercial and collectible evaluation.
I attach a brief description and photos of both watches.
I thank you in advance for the time you want to dedicate to me.

Which one would you choose?

-Seamaster 300 Professional Big Triangle (ca. 1967) + 1039 bracelets-516 endlinks. No screw-back crown. No Extract (we know why)

versus

-Seamaster 300ck 2913-3 only head (1958) with Extract. Restored Bezel (I'm told by Aldo but I don't have any documentation on it). It comes with a generic leather strap.

As a non-expert in everything, It’s the 2913 every day of the week for me. It’s beautiful and I would have thought worth more? Anyway, let’s wait for the people in the know to show up. BTW I do love the big triangles as well. I was maneuvering to buy one when I fell down the Speedmaster rabbit hole…

I like the hands of the 2913 more than the hands (hour!) of THIS big-triangle-model ;-) but I don ´t like the smaller bezel... so: 1:1 😀

I own the watchco 300 and it’s one of my favorite watches. But I’ve always loved the elegance of the earlier 300….this really a very tough choice. I would say keep the big triangle as yours is in nice enough shape and if you eventually want to find another you will be hard pressed.
It always sucks to feel like you missed out on a good opportunity. Even worse to sell something and then really regret it later.

I own the watchco 300 and it’s one of my favorite watches. But I’ve always loved the elegance of the earlier 300….this really a very tough choice. I would say keep the big triangle as yours is in nice enough shape and if you eventually want to find another you will be hard pressed.
It always sucks to feel like you missed out on a good opportunity. Even worse to sell something and then really regret it later.

You hit the point.
I don't have much experience but the Great Triangle seems to be in really good condition.
The problem is that the ck2913 also seems like a great example to me. Obviously the bezel has been remade (although Aldo is famous for his work, if it is his) but it seems that virtually all vintage thin bezels have not survived use over time.

The question could be posed in these terms:
Which of the two watches is worth more on the vintage market?

In this case, I would most certainly go for the 2913. It looks to be in nice condition and as a neutral swap you are benefiting in value monetarily. You can find another big triangle with relative ease as compared to the 2913 and at 2/3’s the cost. The 2913 is an iconic watch, they wear beautifully and between Aldo and Renee, they make the best inserts. For me, this would be an incredibly easy decision.

You hit the point.
I don't have much experience but the Great Triangle seems to be in really good condition.
The problem is that the ck2913 also seems like a great example to me. Obviously the bezel has been remade (although Aldo is famous for his work, if it is his) but it seems that virtually all vintage thin bezels have not survived use over time.

The question could be posed in these terms:
Which of the two watches is worth more on the vintage market?

How often do you wear your 300 Pro? If it’s occasionally and it’s not a deep love for you- and you have been pining for the 2913, then that’s an easy swap.

Aldo’s work is known to be high quality and about as good as anyone who wants a 2913 to wear on the regular (if there are intact original bezels out there, I doubt they get out much).

But, a big triangle on 1039 with a crack free bezel (the delamination is pretty common) fairly sharp case and back and lovely lume is harder to find than you may think (we see a lot of beaters here).

As far as future value- I think the later 300’s have continued to climb (particularly since Omega cut off the parts for “watchco” builds) and the 2913’s have been pretty flat for value over the past few years. Yes, the 2913 is “worth” more, but as the later 300’s continue to climb the divide will be smaller.

I think if you found yourself in a position financially to buy a 2913 in a few years from now, the prices would probably be pretty much the same whereas the 300 Pros will be a bit more than you sold for.

As far as future value- I think the later 300’s have continued to climb (particularly since Omega cut off the parts for “watchco” builds) and the 2913’s have been pretty flat for value over the past few years. Yes, the 2913 is “worth” more, but as the later 300’s continue to climb the divide will be smaller.

👍 +1

btw your BT is a honest and fine example!

Since I don’t own a 2913, I think someone should send me theirs so I can make an educated comparison. 😎

The patina of your BT seems a little greenish (maybe the pictures?) which is not something I’m fond of so I’d say the 2913 in this case.
A perfect BT with yellow or pumpkin patina would have been ahead of this 2913…But then a 2913 with an original insert would have been even better…😁

The patina of your BT seems a little greenish (maybe the pictures?) which is not something I’m fond of so I’d say the 2913 in this case.
A perfect BT with yellow or pumpkin patina would have been ahead of this 2913…But then a 2913 with an original insert would have been even better…😁
contradiction!
Stetz3.jpg

olive-green-khaki is an original variant!
Ste abb.jpg
(my BT)

It was really hard to relume this old watch-dial with a tooth-pick 😲
That was your first problem- need the right tools for the job

IMG_2204.jpeg

That's right, the photos are honest:
The indexes and hands of my BT still retain enough luminous material and have certainly turned towards greenish. It doesn't bother me but the 2013 radium (it's radium, right? ) also seems original, defined and of a pleasant coffee cream colour.
Score 1-1 😕

👍 +1

btw your BT is a honest and fine example!

Thank you!
This is one of the reasons why it's hard for me to give it away.
but a 2013...

If you are interested in watches of the pre-Tritium-aera you need to buy a Geiger-counter....(OK, more in the ROLEX-or Panerai fake-universe ;-) )

That's right, the photos are honest:
The indexes and hands of my BT still retain enough luminous material and have certainly turned towards greenish. It doesn't bother me but the 2013 radium (it's radium, right? ) also seems original, defined and of a pleasant coffee cream colour.
Score 1-1 😕
What else do you own that you can sell? 😗

contradiction!
Stetz3.jpg

olive-green-khaki is an original variant!
Ste abb.jpg
(my BT)

I have no doubt it is original, I just personally don’t like it 😀 (the greenish patina in general)
Edited: