Forums Latest Members

Scratch Protection System Review

1. ducatiti Oct 19, 2019

First of, I am not affiliated with Zagg or the seller of the said custom InvisiShield skins. Merchant of this scratch protection system uses the proven and well known Zagg brand used for mobile phones. These are cut to perfection with the quality of material used being self healing and premium. I do not know how it compares to the other eBay sellers with similar products but with inferior material used.

Secondly, I know these products do not get much love in the forums but I decided to install these on my brand new DJ having OCD and all. I know that I will eventually get scratches but having a little peace of mind for a $10k watch right out of the box works for me. Besides, they are virtually invisible and you will be the only one who knows that these are installed.

Installation was straight forward and very easy. If you have installed a glass or screen protector on your phone, it is pretty much the same procedure. It came with a Zagg installation bottle of fluid but I used my Oakley cleaning solution instead as I have used in the past. A blowdryer helped speed up the drying process as while wet, the small pieces do move around while wet. A few seconds under low heat, skin stayed put and this is when you smooth away the extra fluid and bubble underneath. Initial installation will show a little imperfection or bubbles, but will go away overnight.

The set I purchased came with extra pieces for each part protected. Set includes protection for the following:
    Case sides
    Full Clasp to include the sides

Pros

Easy Installation
    Protection against unwanted scratches and swirl marks
    Preserves the value of your timepiece
    No more fingerprints when handling especially the highly polished areas
    Virtually invisible, only noticeable when inspected up close
    Precision cut and quality Zagg product that been proven and tested

Cons

Premium price
    Slight Orange Peel Effect but expected

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zrleopold Oct 19, 2019

I guess I can see the value in a product like this for those who are hypersensitive about scratches and such. Personally, I prefer to just wear them like any other item and view scratches as part of the history of the watch.

3. ducatiti Oct 19, 2019

Totally understand. I was on the same boat initially but just wanted to prolong the "new" condition of my newly acquired piece. When it wears out or eventually comes off, no plans to install another set.

4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 19, 2019

I seriously do not understand the OCD of anybody who handles their own watches wearing gloves::screwloose::. They are meant to be worn not coddled. Get that first scratch on it and get it over with:whipped:.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  5. ducatiti Oct 19, 2019

To be honest, my fingernails are long at the moment and I know someone will eventually comment such as "need a manicure".

We will never get it right on the web haha. In this case, gloves or without, someone will always notice something out of context :) No harm done though. Thank you for your post.

I usually just use gloves when I switch out the straps on my Cartier Santos as the highly polished bezel is just a fingerprint magnet. No need to clean the fingerprints when changing out the straps.

6. WatchTimes Oct 22, 2019

It won't stop a serious ding and I look at the marks on a watch like a scar... Theres a story waiting to be told (just gotta come up with a good story for it LOL). I never have my watches polished either.

7. Lazy_Lightning Oct 22, 2019

This is what I use, seems to work well.

037C367D-89C4-4593-B7B7-D41F86096685.jpeg
    rustynuts and 89-0 like this.