Forums Latest Members

Scammer! Beware! Username: NYresq

1. pianomankd Jul 18, 2020

Username: NYresq
    Phone: (516) 856-2687
    Email: [email protected]

Buyer beware. Do not purchase from this scammer under any circumstances!

The quick story:

Inquired about Speedmaster Pro on the Breitling forum. We worked out a "deal" price and I sent him the money through PayPal F&F. Was promised the watch would be sent out overnight delivery via FedEx and that I'd receive a tracking number very soon. Fast forward to 10:30pm that evening without receiving any information. Seller states that he "couldn't make the cut off" and that if I wanted a refund he'd give it to me. I explained that I would like a refund as the deal terms were not met. He simply replied with "on it" and I have never heard from him again.

Yes, it was my fault for using F&F and I never will again. Luckily I used a credit card with the F&F so I will hopefully be able to dispute the charge on the credit card end. But what a mess.

Went back in to check his PayPal profile and his photo wasn't even of a male. I woke up this morning and my email account passwords had been hacked of the ones that I gave him "for refund". Seems very convenient this happened within hours of his disappearance.

Buyer beware!

Edit: Added email address.

Edited Jul 18, 2020
  2. pianomankd Jul 18, 2020

Just to follow up. I received a message from another buyer on the Breitling forum. He's going through the same thing with this seller. He said I could attach a screen shot of our convo to help others.

IMG_2945.jpg

3. wolfe44 Jul 21, 2020

What a nightmare! I'm so sorry you are going through this :( How did he get your password?? I'm not sure if your credit card is protected when you use friends and family, since the whole point of f&f is that you know the recipient personally