Forums Latest Members

Beware : another eBay scammer on duty

1. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 14, 2020

Wanted to share with you another eBay scammer I’ve observed during the last couple of weeks...

His listings appear published by different sellers (I suspect stolen seller creds -> account takeover -> listings to scam) that look totally legit from the first sight, 1USD auctions of good looking watches.

Here’s one example :

CD0D1A18-E97B-4C27-A44D-0B15EAECD0DC.png

When you swipe the photos, you get straight to the point :

851ACAFC-2370-4A6B-ACBA-4A3D36A471B6.png

Obviously this is totally against eBay rules and such listings get pulled by eBay quite quickly once reported.

Other photos are very nice. I suspect the photos to be stolen from the Web by the scammer.

2393C96F-17A9-4386-B47C-EE527DD64EA0.png

I wrote an email to the scammer and got a reply explaining that basically I can pay outside eBay but since he sends an invoice through eBay (obviously a fake email) I am covered by eBay buyers protection :coffee:

I have observed the same scheme live, usually on Saturday, over the last three weekends. With three different watches and from three different stolen seller accounts.

First time, they used another domain and email : [email protected] that’s where I contacted them and got an answer.

You get the point. Be careful and don’t fall in their trap. And if you see such listings, report them.

connieseamaster, lindo, DaveK and 3 others like this.
  2. shishy www.hpmor.com Dec 14, 2020

these clowns are cluttering my alerts :(

kov likes this.
  3. apsm100 applysome! Dec 14, 2020

Yeah this has been ongoing for the last year or so. Pretty annoying but super easy to spot as the scammer reuses the same listings.

shishy likes this.
  4. asrnj77 Dec 16, 2020

Actually these guys have been doing this for a few years. Usually a mix of US and UK addresses depending on who’s account they take over. They now put the scam “buy it now outside of eBay” info as a pic to try and avoid the eBay scam catching algorithms.

kov likes this.