Forums Latest Members
  1. UCZ_15 Nov 1, 2020

Oh really? Thats awesome. The other problem with Rolex? I could never go and try it on to check it for size! Oh well, maybe in another dimension we'll be able to go and try on Rolexes.

2. Shay Nov 1, 2020

I think if you have a good AD you can order the watch and when you come you can try it. If you don’t like it they won’t have a problem to sell it :).

kkt likes this.
  3. rjdemarco Nov 2, 2020

My local AD in upstate NY acts like they have no idea when, which, or how many watches they will receive. And, that it’s best to just stop in from time to time. As if one might show-up in the display case?!? To me that sounds like l would have a better chance buying a lotto ticket. So, I purchased a Rolex Explorer 114270 instead online.

kkt and vintage hab like this.
  4. slwoodster Nov 2, 2020

If the deposit is refundable, purchase the air king.

everything is hard to get, of course your mileage may vary...

5. Shay Nov 3, 2020

It really depend on the AD I had the same thing also.

6. dstfno Nov 3, 2020

If you show genuine interest and the AD is not a total asshole you can. They can let you know when they have the watch in stock (for another customer) so you can come in and try it on.

7. Shay Nov 3, 2020

Agree I know my watch was in the window as it took me few days to pick it up.

8. UCZ_15 Nov 3, 2020

One day, I will try again but for now, Rolex has lost me a bit!

9. UCZ_15 Nov 3, 2020

I didn't have such luck unfortunately :( I went to 12 ADs in London and had correspondence with 4 more outside the city. Nothing and no one really came through for me. Then the model got discontiunued! Maybe in the future, I'll try again for a Rolex.

10. Martin_J_N Nov 3, 2020

Build up a relationship with your AD, select two or three watches that you are serious about and just ask them if you can try them on when they arrive in store, if the AD believes that you are a serious buyer then they will help, its worked for me so far.

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  11. UCZ_15 Nov 3, 2020

I'll give it a go when I'm in watch-buying territory I suppose. Thank you! For now, I'm enjoying my new Aqua Terra!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  12. Capt Cave Man Nov 3, 2020

Have decided to follow this. If I can sell one of the toy cars early spring I'll be in a position to pay for the Snoopy 3 outright with funds for my next piece.

At this point I'll enquire about a Submariner again and will ask if it's possible to try one on as and when they have one available to decide on placing my formal interest in one.

13. Shay Nov 3, 2020

If you want PM me I can refer you to my AD. You can always given one more a try.

Pboned and UCZ_15 like this.
  14. UCZ_15 Nov 3, 2020

That is really kind of you, I'd appreciate that!

15. rjdemarco Nov 12, 2020

I recently purchased a 2006, 114270. I wanted something smaller to contract my SMP and PO. This explorer is definitely is on the smaller size of my collection. But, it has a bigger feel than I expected for a 36mm. For reference, my wrist is 6.75 - 7”.

BA85210C-B607-4E40-8C61-84FB7E257F2C.jpeg

OMEGAWD2020 likes this.
  16. rjdemarco Nov 12, 2020

Same here, tired of ADs and their BS, so I purchased a used Explorer through SwissWatchExpo and had a great experience. I’m an Omega fan at heart and feel they have some amazing watches. But many will never see them as being as good as Rolex, even if the movement is better! Rolex is one amazing marketing machine. The company could be a Harvard Business Case in marketing and supply and demand. Aside from marketing, I do think Rolex gets watch proportions better than Omega. As for Omega’s I love my PO 8500 Ti and my SMP 300 (2500D).

17. larrylush Nov 12, 2020

i put deposits down with my AD all the time when he "orders" me a watch. many dealers do not do this as they don't want the responsibility to "deliver" on a timeline. i always say i will wait as long as it takes because they are ordering me something i can't just go pick-up from a case.

18. UCZ_15 Nov 13, 2020

Real talk. For me, the more people who are sleeping on the co-axial movements - the better. Will keep me from seeing Omegas everywhere :D

Also agree on the proportions thing. Omega are horrible at proportions haha. If they released their Seamaster 300 diver in a 39mm to sit alongside the 42mm - it would sell like hot cakes. Same with the thickness of the Planet Ocean. Globemaster Constellation in a Datejust 36 size would steal more of the market from Rolex. Omega need to get on this!

19. Martin_J_N Nov 13, 2020

You do know that you can get a Planet Ocean in 39mm don't you? It comes in blue or black and either on a strap or a bracelet, competitively priced as well although at over £5k it is still very much a luxury purchase.

20. UCZ_15 Nov 13, 2020

Oh yeah, I know - just before the latest lockdown in the UK, I managed to try one on at an AD. It was really nice in terms of what wrist surface area it covered but the thickness was crazy! Beautiful watch though.