Forums Latest Members
  1. mjb Feb 6, 2020

I can't ask this question on the Rolex forum because I'll get flamed and booed and probably banned.

OK, j/k but they do get sensitive over there.

So, I got this here Submariner, picked it up last week new from the AD because he owed me a favor. When I got it, he asked if I was going to flip it or keep it. I said keep it. I had every intention of keeping it. Really. At least until something new and shiny comes along (I'm on the list for a BLRO but not holding my breath). He knows that I'm fickle and like to mix it up.

I've worn it for 5 days now. It's not doing anything for me. This is my ninth Rolex, the last one I sold (BLNR) at a huge profit because I tired of it and hey, it was thousands of dollars.

Now I have three Omegas, a 300M in blue, Speedy sandwich and DSTOM Apollo 8. The Rolex actually feels small compared to all of those 42 & 44 models, which is actually a good thing, although the Apollo 8 is much lighter.

It appears the prices on the sub are still quite high, and I could sell it as nearly NIB and make somewhere between $1500-1800 depending on how lucky I am finding a buyer.

I can continue to wear it and see if we bond, after all I've had 3 subs previous, and I did actually once regret selling one of them. But if I do keep on wearing it, it's no longer nearly NIB and will pick up some scratches and be worth quite less.

I'm interested to hear what others think. View attachment 921624

Thanks,
    Michael

2. stevec14 Feb 6, 2020

It’s your watch mate. Yours to do what you wish with. Personally, if I had your relationship I’d maybe stop by your ad and say you aren’t bonding and see what they say.

At least then they can’t say they didn’t know and you can make it clear it wasn’t a buy and flip but a buy and don’t love.

watch3s, 64Wing, mjb and 3 others like this.
  3. MPWATCH Watch Lover Feb 6, 2020

Sounds like you answered your own question.... Not really sure what you're looking for

JimJupiter, watch3s and jaguar11 like this.
  4. Martin_F Feb 6, 2020

Looks like @stevec14 got a good suggestion.
    Also, when does it stop to be nearly NIB?

stevec14 and BlackTalon like this.
  5. Partagas Feb 6, 2020

It's your watch, sell it if you like!

And you're right about the other forum. There is something off about that place. They do love the ban hammer, too.

mjb and kip595 like this.
  6. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 6, 2020

Not to be rude or anything but is this a serious question or are you jerking around?

I have bought some spaghetti the other day. I kinda like spaghetti and meatballs except lately it hasn’t really done anything for me. Should I make it again and see if I like it, could very well be since I liked it in the past, or should I make Spaghetti Carbonara, which I definitely like ::confused2::

osc, JimJupiter, watch3s and 7 others like this.
  7. Dan S Feb 6, 2020

Not sure what the AD could do about it now. Probably they wouldn’t be happy to hear the story given how many people want that watch.

maybe the OP thought it would be easier to post this thread than to do an actual sales listing.

Motik, marco, Foo2rama and 2 others like this.
  8. stevec14 Feb 6, 2020

To be fair, I’ve been the same as Michael. Got blinded by the ad lights and regretted.

Why the hate? I appreciate it’s different but if you are in the position to get a sports Rolex from an AD then it’s an issue. They are hard to come by so why not ask what to do - you may never get another if you piss them off.

mjb likes this.
  9. stevec14 Feb 6, 2020

I will add, I don’t like flipping my omegas from mine (not that I’d make any bloody money). As much as they probably like my custom, they are good to me and I would hate for them to think I was trying to pull their chain. Just depends on the type of person you are I guess. I value their accommodation of me and the fact they will do what they can when I really want something.

10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 6, 2020

Not intending to be rude either— but What’s the goal here? Is the goal is to enjoy a watch or to make money? If the goal is to make money, why should I volunteer time or advice for free?

11. Partagas Feb 6, 2020

Lol

12. Dan S Feb 6, 2020

It's human to have buyer's remorse, although this is obviously a bad time for the OP to have it. However, in my view, this thread is either an example of over-sharing or an attempt to drum up some business. Sometimes you should just keep your business to yourself and make a decision. It's not necessary to publicly air every bit of dirty laundry. Talk to your spouse or a friend, even send a PM to another member that you trust. But a thread? Would you really start a thread on this topic?

13. stevec14 Feb 6, 2020

MAybe not and I wouldn’t. But we are not all the same and I don’t think it warrants anything sinister.

I dont understand the massive deal if I’m honest. Cheers

14. Dan S Feb 6, 2020

I agree, it's not sinister. I didn't mean to suggest that.

15. kip595 Feb 6, 2020

My opinion? Talk tomorrow your AD about it, maybe they’ll either credit you/soft touch you, etc. if you’re in a closed market, which yours actually to me sounds like, being respectful is as much as making a profit sometimes.

16. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Feb 6, 2020

I believe you have too much time and money on your hand and lack real life challenges.

watch3s, toddle321, Kmart and 8 others like this.
  17. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 6, 2020

There is absolutely no hate, I just have a seriously hard time understanding this thread. I am part of a Rolex forum where these kind of questions come up weekly. Seriously the content in that place is 30 percent people asking if they should keep or sell their Sub or GMT, 30 percent asking what they can get for their BNIB Sub or GMT, 30 percent selling said watches for retail price + 30%-50% and about 10 percent more or less serious posts.

It’s like people just buy these things and then later try to figure out if they really want them. It is so “first world problem” like. And it is not hate, I am not angry at anyone, I just have a hard time figuring it out.

On the above mentioned forum there have been probably 10 brand new or almost brand new either Subs or GMTs for sale within the last couple of weeks. Sure everyone can buy something and regret it. Just funny how half the people buying new Rolex sports models regret it and luckily can make some money at the same time.

Kmart, Shabbaz, stevec14 and 4 others like this.
  18. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 6, 2020

What I tried to say. Only you did it much shorter and more to the point :D

styggpyggeno1 likes this.
  19. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 6, 2020

]
    I'm curious to know why you think that the members here would be more interested in your history of buying and selling Rolex watches for a profit than members over on the Rolex Forum. Or were you just bored and couldn't think of anything more interesting to post about?

watch3s, blufinz52 and Syrte like this.
  20. ICONO Feb 6, 2020

Sinister…is a much abused / misunderstood word…Back in time, it originally simply means, on the left hand side …or like me…left handed…ie 8% of the population

Moving on…It is sometimes tiring…how often those who crave attention / approval…or seek peer confirmation …need to ‘over share’ the slightest problem, or random thought…that pops into their mind…regarding their watch(es)

if the watch does not suit, and one already has history with the marque …Why the fuck ?, did the OP buy it again ! … in the first place ??

Or is it simply, that one is too lazy to write a ‘Sales Post’, and would prefer to just monitor their inbox ?