RESOLVED Recommendation on where to order spring bars online

Good morning/afternoon to all, trying to track down the Omega curved 21mm springbars part number 068STZ002403 for the Seamaster 300.

I tried calling my local Omega Boutique/AD Smith & Bevill Jewelers and was told by them that Omega frowns upon ordering parts specifically for customers. It seemed like the person I talked to MIGHT have been willing to do it if I'd also ordered a bracelet or strap, but he also didn't seem to understand what I was asking for and was a bit contradictory in his statements, implying I was trying to fit an improper bracelet/strap to my watch. Seemed like some CYA- whatever the case there, it's unfortunately not an option for me to get them through the Boutique/AD.

Looking at various internet sources for the springbars and I'm wondering if anyone has a website recommendation for ordering these parts within the US.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT TO ADD: I think this is an AD. Omega doesn't have them listed as a "Boutique" on their website, it's a jewelry store as well, and there is an "OMEGA" store next door that's boarded up. Google has it listed as an "OMEGA BOUTIQUE" so I'm wondering if this was previously the case.

No idea. Disappointed in the interaction with their salesperson, not sure how different AD expectations are vs. Boutique expectations.
Edited:

Have no problems ordering whatever springbars I need at my AD, have you tried an Omega service center to ship it out?

It was a weird conversation. The salesperson really seemed like he was disinterested in helping me since I wouldn't be purchasing anything other than "parts." He also seemed to not understand that a 21mm NATO strap is completely acceptable for a 21mm lug SM300. Very unimpressed. He asked me if I had looked online, and I said I had verified the proper part number on "swisswatchspares.com" and he made it clear I should try ordering from them- or someone else- instead.

Have no problems ordering whatever springbars I need at my AD.

Third party sellers will always be more expensive, you really should ask another AD/OB or OSC to order what you want. For example the 068ST2208 which is the recommended springbar for a 21mm bracelet should be about $8 per set excl. shipping.

Third party sellers will always be more expensive, you really should ask another AD/OB or OSC to order what you want. For example the 068ST2208 which is the recommended springbar for a 21mm bracelet should be about $8 per set excl. shipping.

YY77, is the part number you list the straight spring bar? I have PO 068STZ002403 for the curved 21mm springbar that should be compatible. I've found that information from multiple sources, but this thread shows an image of the SPECTRE strap and springbars on the SM300MCC.

YY77, is the part number you list the straight spring bar? I have PO 068STZ002403 for the curved 21mm springbar that should be compatible. I've found that information from multiple sources, but this thread shows an image of the SPECTRE strap and springbars on the SM300MCC.
That is just an example (straight springbar) with ptice for what the AD charges but which will cost significantly more at SWS.

That is just an example (straight springbar) with ptice for what the AD charges but which will cost significantly more at SWS.
Would you recommend calling the next-closest true Boutique and seeing if they will ship?

Would you recommend calling the next-closest true Boutique and seeing if they will ship?
Yes.

Just to add, I had no issues ordering a pair of endlinks from my OB I’m the UK.

They didn’t require me to buy the corresponding bracelet or prove I had it. They offered to fit my endlinks but we’re fine when I said I’d do it myself.

I’d try calling another OB.

It sounds like the salesperson wasn't quite sure of the policy or what the OP was actually asking for. Poor training and poor customer service, but unfortunately that's the norm these days. Call them back and ask for the manager on duty and explain to them exactly what you need, giving them the exact part number and request that they order them for you. There is no Omega policy restricting items like this and the stores internal policies shouldn't block a customer ordering them, either. Just try again.

Thank you.

I called the Boutique in Bellvue, WA. The lady who answered the phone was incredibly polite and helpful. They have the parts on hand and she will speak to her manager about shipping them to me as soon as he is done in a meeting since they are 3 hrs from me

REALLY good customer service there!

Just to add, I had no issues ordering a pair of endlinks from my OB I’m the UK.

They didn’t require me to buy the corresponding bracelet or prove I had it. They offered to fit my endlinks but we’re fine when I said I’d do it myself.

I’d try calling another OB.

Evitzee, thanks for this. I agree with your assessment, this was poor customer service training.

I called a Boutique 3hrs North of me and they were able to verify that the part number is correct and it sounds like they are willing to help out!

EDIT to add: I called this AD back to provide some feedback, sounds like there are three individuals who share ownership, and they're the only people working today, so I spoke to one of the owners. ooof. I could say a lot about how the second conversation with them went- it was polite but totally unhelpful (although I did learn they didn't really have a "policy" against ordering parts) so I don't really see what value that would add *here.*

Thanks all for your recommendations, sounds like I'm probably taken care of at this point!

It sounds like the salesperson wasn't quite sure of the policy or what the OP was actually asking for. Poor training and poor customer service, but unfortunately that's the norm these days. Call them back and ask for the manager on duty and explain to them exactly what you need, giving them the exact part number and request that they order them for you. There is no Omega policy restricting items like this and the stores internal policies shouldn't block a customer ordering them, either. Just try again.
Edited:

ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY BY BELLEVUE OMEGA'S SERVICE. They just called me back to get my shipping address. I didn't mention ANYTHING about my conversation with the local AD AT ALL and they're shipping the spring bars without charge. The service agent was just ridiculously polite, and provided the level of service I definitely wanted.

Really happy with Bellevue Boutique's service, awesome folks there.

Thanks, everybody, for the assistance in this thread. Greatly appreciate the encouragement to call a different location/actual Boutique.
Edited: