Forums Latest Members

Advice on where to purchase Seiko ref srpb53k1

1. Euxinus Jun 27, 2017

Hey OF,

I'm trying to buy a new Seiko ref srpb53k1.

http://www.seiko-prospex.com/sea/srpb53k1

111.JPG

I emailed Haguchi as I figured it would be available in Japan, but it turns out its an export only model so its not available in Japan. I don't get Seikos marketing.

I also looked at the Seiko Canada site (I'm in Canada), and it looks like they don't carry it either, and all the usual suspect like amazon etc are not turning up any results.

So OF, my question to you, do you have any idea on how to acquire this watch?

Thanks, Euxinus.

Edit: I answered my own question, for anyone else thats wondering if you look up "SRPB53" instead of SRPB53K1 you will find it. Sorry for the post!

upload_2017-6-27_21-27-45.png
    semper_shells likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 28, 2017

Google Seiko Boutique they have a few in the US and should be able to source a Pepsi Samurai

3. isaac.owen.nz Jun 28, 2017

Iirc,the K indicated export market/made outside Japan,the J Indicated made in Japan, I think for Local market and the 1 after i.e k1 or J1 was the rubber strap option.

That's from purchasing an skx007 so it may vary with the prospex range.

Euxinus likes this.
  4. Euxinus Jun 28, 2017

I ended up buying one off of well known online dealer, I don't feel like advertising on the forum but if anyone is also looking for this watch, or the other 2 colour variations let me know by pm and I will let you know where I got it. It was discounted from the msrp price, like any other new seiko bought online and not for an ad.

Interesting to note that I believe the warranty is actually applicable outside of Japan as this watch was made for export only ( i.e. Not for the Japanese market), so I'm not expecting the " only valid in Japan" that you typicaly see. I will confirm this when I actually get the watch in my hands, but this will take a while (let's hope shipping goes well).