remember this

In case we need an OmegaForum logo,

20230419_100522.jpg
You brilliant bastard!

You brilliant bastard!

Just in case you needed some encouragement for your little project 😁

Just in case you needed some encouragement for your little project 😁
Exactly!

It has to be a company that had existed for at least 25 years at the time the watch was made (in 1982?). That rules out pretty much all current or former Nigerian airlines.

It has to be a company that had existed for at least 25 years at the time the watch was made (in 1982?). That rules out pretty much all current or former Nigerian airlines.
Good point 👍

Zero bids on the ebay watch. Poor seller must be confused.

So if the two other examples mentioned in the thread pertain to financial institutions, maybe that's where the answer lies.
Bet there is or was a Nigerian Eagle Bank.

And they relisted it for £150 more than before. Hoping to encourage higher offers, I guess.

I've had that work for me -- price too low and it appears like you're shifting junk so no offers. Price higher and "hey maybe it's ok". Then found my dad had already sold it (a motorcycle) to someone at his work, and of course, as dads and eBay do, took his commission 🙁.
Edited:

I was watching the Wes Anderson film "The French Despatch". It's a collection of stories, one being "Revisions to a Manifesto".

The primary character "Mitch-Mitch" is conscripted, and when he returns in his uniform he tears a unit patch from his chest and sets it alight.

It may have been the single malt, but I swear that the logo on the patch was one we have all been losing sleep over.

Anyone else willing to watch the movie and try to get a screen grab of his patch?

I was watching the Wes Anderson film "The French Despatch". It's a collection of stories, one being "Revisions to a Manifesto".

The primary character "Mitch-Mitch" is conscripted, and when he returns in his uniform he tears a unit patch from his chest and sets it alight.

It may have been the single malt, but I swear that the logo on the patch was one we have all been losing sleep over.

Anyone else willing to watch the movie and try to get a screen grab of his patch?
Close but not close enough (around 57 min in):
IMG_20231223_132813_HDR.jpg IMG_20231223_132839_HDR.jpg

Maybe this year is the year we finally solve this thing....
We're close....we're close....

Maybe this year is the year we finally solve this thing....
We're close....we're close....

….or are we???
IMG_3101.jpeg IMG_3104.png

This turned up in my socials the other day, the logo is for Egged who were Israel’s first public transportation company. Similar looking logo so anyone interested in diving down another rabbit hole? 😵‍💫
IMG_1945.png

Please someone figure it out. I want to print up swag with this logo to taunt people at OF meetups. But, I can't do that presently for fear that it will later turn out to be the logo of a super evil organization. Like, knowing my luck, it's a company whose main business was human trafficking... Or was instrumental in cancelling the original Star Trek.
Edited:

OFHbirdthing.png

Look again.

It is subtle but it is there

I fully intend to use the OF variation on a watch. I may have even just got the watch.

This comes up a lot around the first of April.

I think @Foo2rama might be planning a "build your own" forum watch. Not sure what happened to that project.