Forums Latest Members
  1. mr_keen Jan 7, 2022

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange/comments/ry0fhi/wts_vintage_omega_constellations_chronometer/

here is a link from reddit. has an album with some more photos not included in the original link.

I am aware of the Monocoque style of the 168.015 ref and how it makes examining the movement/servicing a bit more difficult - would love any opinions beyond the research I've done if that means it should be a watch I should shy away from for any reason or not or anything else.

The case seems in solid condition and unpolished and the dial seems pretty good to my untrained eye.

That said, the asking price of $1.6k definitely seems high and I will haggle it down at least a few hundred before considering purchasing. Any advice on value in this condition and anything else would be much appreciated. Although I've heard of people finding cheaper watches, it seems like it is difficult recently to find any 168/166 ref watch close to $1k in good condition, especially with a bracelet.

Finally, I would love to hear people's opinions on the bracelet of this type. Is the fact that it bends to the side like that, shown in pictures 3 and 4, mean that it is old and stretched, or is that the nature of these beads of rice bracelets? Could people give me a bit more detail on what I should be expecting from BOR bracelets from this era given I expect to use it often? Are they high quality? Should I not be concerned with a high quality OG bracelet and consider buying a better one after-market?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Noddyman Jan 7, 2022

Just going off photos that’s a nice original watch imo.
    If you like this particular reference you will be hard pressed to find a nicer example. Yes the price is high and you need to work on that by a few hundred dollars. Maybe search OF to get a better feel for prices.
    In regards to the BOR bracelet I own a few and all of them are slightly loose with some play. There’s not a lot you can do really other than fit new pins and close up any gaps in the links. You can see below some gaps where the links have stretched open. I find the BOR to be a very light and comfortable bracelet.
    Do you have a pic of the movement? Should be a cal 564.
    E3CB81FF-E351-45D3-A625-8BA763BDA2F0.jpeg

mr_keen likes this.
  3. Dan S Jan 7, 2022

Apologies to owners, but this reference is not appealing to me TBH. I just don't like the juxtaposition of such a utilitarian case with what is supposed to be a top of the line dress chronometer.

Edited Jan 7, 2022
  4. MtV Jan 7, 2022

+1, and prices reflect that. There aren’t as many of them so it’s a little harder to compare, but to me this is more of a ~1000USD watch. Add some money for the bracelet, but 1600$ is definitely too much. That’s already dogleg pie-pan dial territory.