Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

Stunning stainless Longines Admiral. This thing is gorgeous! Can’t tell if the crown is signed, may be a replacement but not a big deal. Price is spot on, for condition- but also has make offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Me...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

6DE09003-8415-4DBB-AAF0-9005B6D34A6C.png

That is quite lovely. I would be seriously tempted, but I can see the future and in my near future I won't be able to read watches with light colored markers on light dials. I'm only in my mid 40s, but my near vision is starting to really degrade.

bubbles-trailerparkboys.gif

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
That is quite lovely. I would be seriously tempted, but I can see the future and in my near future I won't be able to read watches with light colored markers on light dials. I'm only in my mid 40s, but my near vision is starting to really degrade.

bubbles-trailerparkboys.gif
This is no joke. A lot of people think it’s a matter of focus or sharpness, but for many is about contrast. I have a hard time with silver dials and hands. I actually sold one of my favorite watches to a fellow member (an Uber rare ‘62 Seamaster with 1 year only factory bracelet) becuase it was silver on silver on silver….I just couldn’t read it in low light without doing the wrist twisty action.

Stunning stainless Longines Admiral. This thing is gorgeous! Can’t tell if the crown is signed, may be a replacement but not a big deal. Price is spot on, for condition- but also has make offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Me...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

6DE09003-8415-4DBB-AAF0-9005B6D34A6C.png

Just purchased. Agree that the asking price was more than fair. Cleared up with the seller about the crown, marks on the dial, and T Swiss made T text on the bottom. Purchased Christmas Gift for family member #2, thanks to you! I will be on the hunt to find good listings to post here to give back to the forum.

Just purchased. Agree that the asking price was more than fair. Cleared up with the seller about the crown, marks on the dial, and T Swiss made T text on the bottom. Purchased Christmas Gift for family member #2, thanks to you! I will be on the hunt to find good listings to post here to give back to the forum.
Yeah, that is a total stunner- good values do still pop up, just gotta spot them fast. I have long said that Longines of this era can go toe to toe with any Omega at half the price.

I’m beyond pleased that this was purchased here. One of the nicer offerings I’ve seen on this thread. Beautiful dial, creamy lume, super sharp case. “Family member #2” will be so pleased 😀

I am really thankful that you removed the temptation, I really need to stop purchasing watches for the rest of the year at least

I am really thankful that you removed the temptation, I really need to stop purchasing watches for the rest of the year at least
You have enough dress watches! Focus man, focus!

This is no joke. A lot of people think it’s a matter of focus or sharpness, but for many is about contrast. I have a hard time with silver dials and hands. I actually sold one of my favorite watches to a fellow member (an Uber rare ‘62 Seamaster with 1 year only factory bracelet) becuase it was silver on silver on silver….I just couldn’t read it in low light without doing the wrist twisty action.
I can tell from experience it is no issue, as long as it's done right 😉
My Mido 'Wyoming', to illustrate my point.
upload_2021-12-12_10-52-21.jpeg

This is no joke. A lot of people think it’s a matter of focus or sharpness, but for many is about contrast. I have a hard time with silver dials and hands. I actually sold one of my favorite watches to a fellow member (an Uber rare ‘62 Seamaster with 1 year only factory bracelet) because it was silver on silver on silver….I just couldn’t read it in low light without doing the wrist twisty action.
You mean this one? 😉
IMG_1431.jpg

Shit, I can see it there!

My go to trick to read fine print, is take a picture on my phone and then enlarge it. I suppose you could have done that with this watch, but if you get out the phone you may as well look at its clock.

I don’t usually promote chrome plated watches unless they are rare vintage pieces in exceptional shape- this falls into the category.
Spectacular doesn’t begin to describe this hunk-o-chunko 70’s splendor. For those not familiar, Baylor was the house brand for Zales Jewlers- a popular mid-tier jeweler in the US. But some of their watches have been OE supplied by some big names with quality parts. I have no clue who made this for Zales, but I assume they were high when they designed it….it was the 70’s after all.
Price isn’t bad for what it is, seller has make offer so may get a better deal. I would verify bracelet length of count the links compared to another similarly designed in your collection.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ba...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

87253D72-0FBD-4234-9A2A-4A21EE1CD277.png