Recommended Good Value / Vintage - New Deals On EBAY & other Auctions

These LeJour chronos are cool and sturdy, with a reliable and easy to service Valjoux 7750 movement. This one runs and seller accepts offers. Perhaps a nice deal to be made.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/356032389947
That was a bargain! Ok, who grabbed it??

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I tried but I was too cheap at $550. It went for $575.
Ugh- I hate that! I’ve missed by $5 and kicked myself for being that cheap ass. Always want the deal but then regret it when we miss it…but it’s so much fun!

Ugh- I hate that! I’ve missed by $5 and kicked myself for being that cheap ass. Always want the deal but then regret it when we miss it…but it’s so much fun!
This was one of those that I wanted but I also didn’t really want it. Otherwise my offer would be $600.

Did you get it?
Nope! But as I’m looking at how I can get my first Sinn, I’m wishing I had seen your post sooner.

Nope! But as I’m looking at how I can get my first Sinn, I’m wishing I had seen your post sooner.

There’s this one that I was too lazy to post earlier. Slightly different than the one I have and had a different bracelet as well:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226343015678

I believe this one has a Sellita SW-200 instead of the ETA 2824-2 in the older versions.

There’s this one
Ah, I should clarify 😬

I’m looking at everything I have to to sell to get this one 😀

Though, I do very much like the one you showed as well. It’s already on my list of eventual Sinn’s to commit 😁

Ah, I should clarify 😬

I’m looking at everything I have to to sell to get this one 😀

Though, I do very much like the one you showed as well. It’s already on my list of eventual Sinn’s to commit 😁
I’m definitely too slow today, thanks for clarifying.

That one is very special and definitely won’t make it to the bottom of the tank here. Please post when you get it.

OF bargain alert:
From our own @chadpowe11 comes a lovely Tradition in the Seamaster style for $150

Tradition was a Sears & Roebuck in-house brand. They were typical catalog watches (department store pick case, pick dial, pick moment- apply name) , some mediocre and others made with very good parts by OEM suppliers- this appears to be one of the later. Case size at 36mm which is large for this era so a big plus.

OF bargain alert from our own @cineaste

Wyler 660HD with sunburst silver dial in stainless case. I went down the Wyler rabbit hole a while ago, these are fabulous watches. A chunky 35mm and wear beautifully. Look great in a bracelet or strap. Solid value as asking.

Wouldn’t call this a “bargain” but solid value:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3262092173...iUtOx0VTa-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

All correct, dial and hands are in very nice shape, seller says freshly serviced. I actually prefer these to the A17 as despite not being the “better” hacking movement, it has the cathedral hands rather than the syringe (I guess both in a collection would be nice).

The strap is correct for a later issued US watch (the weave on these mil-issued straps is very distinctive)- a canvas strap would be more appropriate but there are a few sellers on eBay who have the period correct ones for sale.
I own one of these and it’s a lifer in my collection.

OF bargain alert: from our own @DeepBlue

This has been lingering for a while- it’s got all the funky-chunky 70’s style going for it.

Pair it with a Forstner ladder bracelet and you’ve got all the disco fever you can handle.

It had a Val 7733 rather than a Landeron which is very common in these 70’s value watches so it’s a bulletproof movement with abundant parts out in the wild.

This is a poor-man’s Monte Carlo for sure.