Recent purchase - help verifying

It’s a real Cal 625 in gold plate, so authentic but not worth very much as they’re among the cheapest mechanicals on the market

It's legit, caliber 625 an evolution of the 620 (or more like a de-evolution of the 620 actually).

That’s very helpful. Thank you. Is the case back genuine?

It’s a real Cal 625 in gold plate, so authentic but not worth very much as they’re among the cheapest mechanicals on the market
Hi all,
I purchased this on eBay recently. Don’t know anything about it - I have a bad feeling about the movement to be honest. Any info on this piece. Appreciated. I am well aware it is gold plated.

any advice appreciated!!

I'm going to be different. I believe that case is non genuine looks dodgy poorly made with error ? Omega wouldn't let that slide . That dial looks hacked about and cut with a pair of blunt left handed school scissors made to fit and just squashed in place. Never seen an omega back looks Lazer printed. Do you have a picture of the dial? Screenshot_20240609-214500~2.png

These were often cased in the destination country. I had one that looked pretty dodgy. Surprisingly the Omega Museum wanted it. So I gave it to them. Movement was real, but the case was really poorly made. I still think that case was counterfeit. Not really a fan of integrated bracelets.

625 is the lowest quality movement they ever made. Sometimes it is amazing the company survived that era. So many did not.

I recently got a 620 (slightly better grade) for 3 bucks in pieces. I had the parts needed to get it to tick. That shows how little respect there is for these.

Back cover looks like something has been rubbed off and an logo stamped on Screenshot_20240609-221303.png . Also the dial Screenshot_20240609-220731.png one of the hands are different ones pointed and the other is flat ?? Been cut at some point dunno about the omega logo something is off there. Hopefully you didn't spend over £5

Someone tried to clean the dial, Or replace it with a dial from a different watch. The dials on these were prone to lacquer de-lamination.

The 18mm movements were used in a lot of different models in the mid to late 1970s. Sort of an attempt at a one size fits all sort of thing.

This watch is undoubtedly franken. Which is not always a bad thing if there is sentimental value. Someone took the time to make this. I have fun restoring this sort of watch for personal amusement. I call them rat watches after the automotive term rat rods. They can be entertaining. There is no real value otherwise.

If you like it, that is the important thing.

Omega wouldn't let that slide

Yeah they would (did), they made some utter shit during this period.

A slightly better example similar to OPs case. No better quality than perhaps a Pulsar or such.

IMG_3213.jpg IMG_3214.jpg IMG_3219.jpg IMG_3220.jpg