Rare Ulysse Nardin «Aviator» 38 mm, 1943

Hi guys

Does anyone have any information about these:
It is a large watch, 38mm without the crown and they take a 20mm band.

I have been told from the UN factory that total production were 288 pieces in 1943. They all have a Felsa calibre.

I have found only 8-10 watches on the net, including 3-5 sold at auctions the last 10 years.

Does any of you have one of these, or know anything about the model and for what purpose they were intended?

Thanks!
Edited:

My father owned a Ulysse Nardin and he always said ... it’s a great timepiece and no one will ever bother me when I wear it. Dad was a retired cop.

There was an auction for the exact same model at Christie’s on 12 May 2008. As it is called an aviator watch... I’m going out on a limb and say it was designed for pilots

• no-cat-cover7799.jpg
    SALE 1353

Important Pocketwatches and Wristwatches
    Geneva

12 May 2008

LOT301
    Ulysse Nardin. A large and unusual stainless steel water-resistant aviator's wristwatch with indirect sweep centre seconds and black dial
    SIGNED ULYSSE NARDIN, LOCLE, MOVEMENT NO. 239136, CASE NO. 614126, MANUFACTURED IN 1943
    Price realised

CHF 7,500

Estimate

CHF 6,000 - CHF 9,000

Ulysse Nardin. A large and unusual stainless steel water-resistant aviator's wristwatch with indirect sweep centre seconds and black dial
    Signed Ulysse Nardin, Locle, movement no. 239136, case no. 614126, manufactured in 1943
    Cal. 12''' 264 Felsa nickel-finished jewelled lever movement, the black dial with gilt printing, luminous Arabic and baton numerals, luminous hands, indirect sweep centre seconds, in large circular water-resistant-type case with screw back, case, dial and movement signed
    38 mm. diam.
Link to Auction
www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/Ulysse-Nardin-a-large-and-unusual-stainless-5065472-details.aspx
Edited:

I think I need one

I have one. There are not many that I know of. I also have a white dial version, it is the only one I know of.

Ulysse Nardin don't know how many were made.

Both the ones Christie's have sold are redials.

Did you find 2 of them?

0PJFGy7.jpg
Edited:

This one popped up on a local forum, they are purpose built watches
for sure.

That one is one of the watches I just acuired 😀

That's one of the most beautiful aviator watch I know. It's so amazing to see two models at the same time! Congratulations🥰🥰🥰
Edited:

Funny it’s a very nice looking watch. I like it for its simplicity. Looking at it I wouldn’t think the value would be so high. Can’t say I’ve ever seen one other than pictures here

Love the watch...not the amount of radium 😲
Gorgeous watch, and it's perfectly safe.. you need to wear a Geiger counter on your other wrist😗

Very interesting! So yours has case 616? That suggests 2 batches.

Pic of the Sothebys one: