Quick release spring bar and lug holes

With quick release spring bars becoming more common with after-market straps, I have a question about wear and tear.

Because the quick release spring bar has a bolt that fit into the strap, the spring bar is essentially locked with the strap.
Basically now with every strap movement, the spring bar will grind against the lug hole.

Would the lug hole distort quickly? Or is the degree of wear and tear not even relevant?
I guess this would be a bigger problem with gold or titanium watches.

A strap doesn't move all that much around a spring bar in operation, I don't see added wear as an issue to worry about.

You're over thinking, it's not a dog leash.

The question occurred to me because I stumbled on some threads about lug hole wear and laser welding repair.

With quick release spring bars becoming more common with after-market straps, I have a question about wear and tear.

Because the quick release spring bar has a bolt that fit into the strap, the spring bar is essentially locked with the strap.
Basically now with every strap movement, the spring bar will grind against the lug hole.

Would the lug hole distort quickly? Or is the degree of wear and tear not even relevant?
I guess this would be a bigger problem with gold or titanium watches.

My straps hold my regular spring bars in so tightly that I think the effect would be similar to the quick release bars. I’ve seen mild wear after many years of use, even by stainless bars on a gold case, but nothing significant. There might be even less wear of the bracelet set up, as the bar is sort of stationary in the lug holes, and depending on the type of end-piece, it may just minutely pivot around the bar.

The question occurred to me because I stumbled on some threads about lug hole wear and laser welding repair.
I think that’s got to be from decades of use and grit and funk getting in there. Small particulates (like sand, skin- other nasty shit) gets into any moving parts and acts as an aggregate over time..we are talking decades of daily use. Keeping you stuff clean (semi-annual bracelet cleaning) is the best bet.

Spring loaded endlinks on flexi bracelets from the 60’s/70’s however are an entirely different matter.
1ACFAFAC-0E93-4D1F-8F5E-FFDF8E32F4ED.jpeg 3B3874A5-B9FC-43BC-A373-6BE330294D55.jpeg 72BDAA1A-FDF6-49C5-A416-A3BA3E4DD73D.jpeg 80AAB983-5A2E-4AA9-A13A-499471B65AC4.jpeg

I don’t see how quick release straps increase wear.