Questions about an inherited Omega Watch from 1952

Hello everyone!

Starting off by just saying that this is my first ever post in the forum, I want to thank the admins for accepting me and also I am sorry if I am violating any rules of the platform. Please remove the post if that is the case.

So, long story short, I got this watch from my grandfather (basic Reddit story) an year ago, but now finally I have time to invest in it. His father actually gave it to him around 1960s, because he got his first job as a labourer in the People's Republic of Bulgaria. Since then he kept it, sadly he gave up on wearing it and also keeping it in a good condition a long time ago (as you can see from the photos).

Looking up the serial number online the only thing I could find is that the watch was made in 1952. It still works to this day, which is really amazing (good manual movement?). The strap and the glass are NOT original Omega parts, my grandfather changed them because the old were too damaged back then. Dunno why he didn't keep those. The crown, case, dial and the movement are all as they were when he got it.

My questions:
- Is it authentic? (My GF told me it is, I really don't believe there were any replicas around that time and I also went to a watch expert in Bulgaria who told me that it is authentic, BUT STILL I need to hear other opinions.)
- Have you seen anything like it? I tried really hard to find something similar online and guess what.. nothing.
- Do you know the model by any chance?
- Do you know where I can find some spare parts? My idea is to restore it and of course keep it with me ad long as I can.

Thank you a lot for the time spent reading this and of course thank you in advance for any help!

PS - Yes, I know about the Omega Archive, I will do it soon, but before spending 130 EUR I just wanted to talk to you guys. Love ya!

Here is information on your watch from Omega:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-other-omega-ck-2639

The watch is authentic, but the dial was incorrectly repainted at some point. Like many manual-wind Omegas of this time period, it does not have a model name.

Your best chance of refurbishing the watch is to find a watchmaker in Bulgaria who can advise you on what needs to be done to get it running correctly.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Thank you for the quick and clear answer, gatorcpa!

What does exactly "repainted dial" mean? And is there a way to fix it, maybe by cleaning it? Excuse me for the dumb questions, my knowledge is still at a very low level.
Here is information on your watch from Omega:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-other-omega-ck-2639

The watch is authentic, but the dial was incorrectly repainted at some point. Like many manual-wind Omegas of this time period, it does not have a model name.

Your best chance of refurbishing the watch is to find a watchmaker in Bulgaria who can advise you on what needs to be done to get it running correctly.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

At some point in the past, the dial was probably damaged or stained, so the owner chose to have it completely repainted. This is common. It involves either removing or completely painting over the original paint, and repainting the dial from scratch. An expert can distinguish the printing on the repainted dial because it is not identical to the original factory printing. There is no way to restore the original dial.

Many people (including me) have an heirloom watch with a repainted dial, and choose to leave it as is. It is a family piece, and the repainting is part of its history.

P.S. The 2639 is one of my favorite vintage Omega references. My second Omega was a 2639, and I still own it.

PS - Yes, I know about the Omega Archive, I will do it soon, but before spending 130 EUR I just wanted to talk to you guys.

Really no point in spending the money for this. Better to put the money towards service/restoration.

I would simply have it serviced and wear it. Don't try to have dial cleaned it is risky and likely to end up badly.

The dial has been repainted as already stated but remember it is the same dial your grandfather looked down on and his father probably decided to have it refurbished this way before him so it has sentimental value.
In that case i would get it to a good watchmaker with an omega account and have the movement serviced only and then put a nice vintage strap on it and wear it in their memory.

You are amazing guys, thank you all for the comments!

As soon as I service the watch and maybe put a nice strap on it will post the results.