Forums Latest Members
  1. ReginaL May 5, 2022

Hi, thank you for letting me join your group. First, let me ask how do I add my avatar?
    The reason I wanted to join this groupýrp is for some help and information about the omega watch I have. See this past February the Love of my life my soul mate passed away. he had an omega watch that he bought in the early 70. Unfortunately, he stopped wearing it because the crystal came lost. I have the crystal. I have pictures that I gave put in here. Please tell me if the watch is still worth anything and what you think I can get for it. One last thing what do you think it's worth?
    The omega watch is worth it?
    The omega watch is a Speedmaster Professional Mark2

20220214_002957.jpg 20220214_002908.jpg 20220214_002910.jpg
  2. Azveld May 5, 2022

hello,
    I give you all of my condolences.

the watch is easily repairable and should be worth around $2500. of course this price varies according to many parameters. other members know this model better than me can make a more expert assessment

ReginaL likes this.
  3. Azveld May 5, 2022

you can change your avatar by clicking on the image of the question mark at the top right (next to the envelope) and choosing "avatar"

4. ReginaL May 5, 2022

Thank you for the condolences It's the hardest thing I ever had to do. I feel horrible selling his stuff but I need to downsize
    Thanks for the advice about the watch. I know it's worth something but u rather have a.n idea and not get taken advantage of.

5. Azveld May 7, 2022

they are moments of sadness that you have to go through so as not to live in a temple of painful memories. keep only the essential so as not to be invaded by melancholy. it is a painful but necessary ordeal.

to come back to this watch, you will have to ask the watchmaker to redo only the glass, nothing else! no polishing or anything cosmetic. this would make it lose its appeal and therefore its value.
    if you find the original box and papers, it will be an interesting full set.

thelinendial likes this.
  6. ReginaL May 11, 2022

I do have two of the booklets but I haven't come across the box as of yet. I truly can't imagine that he tossed it out since he saved EVERYTHING. Thank you for the heads up about not polishing it or doing a thing to it I wouldn't have known that. Is it only an Omega watch repairman that should fix it or can any repair watch person do it?

7. cvalue13 May 11, 2022

if you mention the region you live in, there is a good chance folks might recommend someone nearby

condolences for your loss.

the watch is a well known model to collectors, and your significant other had good taste.

8. Canuck May 11, 2022

Downsizing. Start with the BIG stuff first, and work your way down from there. Eventually, the few personal items of his that he enjoyed so much, and take up such little space in your life alone, will become much more meaningful to you. Sell it, and the money will be gone in a month and you’ll be left with only the memory. Keep it and you’ll have it for the rest of your life.

9. Azveld May 12, 2022

depending on the elements you find, we can help you in your final decision.
    we will direct you to a competent watchmaker to replace the glass depending on your location.
    do not hesitate to tell us the price he is asking so that we can confirm the repair before accepting his quote.

10. ReginaL May 14, 2022

Thank you. I rather have some knowledge of what I'm talking about then be blindb*
    Thank you for your condolences.
    I Live in the United States New York in the suburbs not the city itself. I very rarely go into the city.

11. Davidt May 15, 2022

If you’re selling this watch and the goal
    Is maximum returns, don’t do any work to it. Simply sell it as it is. If you service it you won’t recoup those costs with the sale price. Further, most collectors prefer to buy in ‘barn find’ condition.

Dr No and connieseamaster like this.