Forums Latest Members
  1. noname262 Aug 14, 2020

So I bought a seamaster deville, 166.020, cal 562 that's missing the movement holder ring (I think that's what the part is called, ie the brass ring in the case back that locks the movement in place). The watch still holds itself together but the crystal is noticeably recessed and there is an unsightly gap between the bezel and the case back that makes me uncomfortable every time I see it.

I'm not sure about the exact mechanics but I assume the movement holder ring normally props up the crystal. With it being missing, I'm guessing the crystal is jammed in my watch farther than it should be. The crystal is an original omega crystal with the little omega symbol.

In any event, I want to buy a replacement movement holder ring. My question is will the movement holder ring from a 14750 SC-61 fit my watch? Unfortunately, that is the only one I could find.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I should do? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_3439.JPG s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg
  2. DON Aug 15, 2020

As you know. Ring holds the movement is place and crystal will actually rest on top of the dial. The bezel needs to be pressed on with a clamp, So if it's not fully pressed on. It could pop off and you will then have something else to worry about, Being that the case is 18kt. Thats going to be a pretty expensive replacement

If the ring is from the same case style and diameter. It should fit

DON

noname262 likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 15, 2020

This is the part you need...

084ST055001 | MVT. FIXING RING

4. noname262 Aug 15, 2020

Thanks for the help. How do I go about acquiring this part? I did some googling and couldn't find any more info. Is this movement fixing ring the same as the one that is in case 14750 SC-61? Another ebay seller told me the movement ring from 166.020 can be used with cal 562/565, as well as a number of other movements, including 600, which is the one in 14750 SC-61. So I wonder if the inverse is true... Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, I'm pretty new to this.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 15, 2020

No, the ring is not the same as the one in the other case you mention. How do you find this part? Patience and searching...it will likely take you more than the 1/2 or or so you've spent looking so far.

Alternately, the part is available from Omega, but you would have to find a watchmaker with an Omega parts account to purchase it from Omega, and they will likely want to fit it, and may require a full service.

noname262 likes this.
  6. noname262 Aug 15, 2020

Appreciate the help! I will keep on looking.