Forums Latest Members

Question about discount from AD

1. m.martinez818 Mar 25, 2021

So I recently picked up a 1861 Speedmaster Professional from an authorized dealer in my hometown for 25% off. It was an amazing deal and am super happy about it. However, when I visited other AD's or Omega Boutiques in the past they would not give me any discounts or breaks. I have read in other posts that some AD's offer discounts and some dont. Does anyone know why this is? Why would my AD offer such a great deal on a brand new Speedy while others dont? I guess the cynic in me is wondering if I bought a "refurbished" watch or something

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 25, 2021

Some do some don’t... it’s as easy as that.

You may have got a discount on the 1861 because the new one was due out.

If it was very recently and came with big box and everything that is probably why.

I like ringing the week before end of financial year for the best discounts on pretty much anything including watches.

sleepyastronaut likes this.
  3. Donn Chambers Mar 25, 2021

It’s very AD-dependent, and probably also time-dependent. Consider the watch you purchased. Maybe it was the last older version of the Speedmaster he had and he wanted to clear it out before the new stock came in. A few years ago, a local jeweler became an Omega AD. I stopped in and was told they were offering up to 30% discounts on select models if I bought 2 or more — so I bought a Seamaster Pro for myself and an Aqua Terra for myself, both for just a little more than the list price of the Seamaster. When I asked why the huge discount they said they were trying to become the top Omega seller in the area quickly.

A couple of years later, the big discounts are gone and you’re lucky to get 5% off (which doesn’t even cover tax).

So, in short, don’t ask why. Just enjoy the discount (and watch) you got!

4. Dimitar Adamski Mar 25, 2021

Do you live in UK? Or in any country where the end of the financial year is on the 31st of March?

5. gnuyork Mar 25, 2021

I think it completely depends on the AD... Where I am, the Omega Boutique absolutely does not discount, and my regular AD said 10% off the Speedmaster 1861/3 and I even asked about the 3861, she said 10% as well. As did another AD I don't frequent as much. This without me even trying to negotiate. The problem is (at the time) neither ADs knew when they were getting in the new 3861s, and neither did the Omega Boutique, actually. But when I got the call to come in for the new Hesalite at the Omega Boutique, it took me literally seconds to decide I was going to pay full price for it. I wasn't waiting. I've worn it every day since.

25% off the 1861 is a solid deal these days. You're lucky. Congrats!

6. GannyBall Mar 30, 2021

What are people getting on the 3861 Moonwatch now, any good discounts ?

7. Rado63 Mar 30, 2021

There are Omega boutiques and there are Omega retailers. Typically the boutiques tell you there is no discount, but if you keep working with them, and unless it's a hot model you may be able to get some discount. The retailer will often start you off with a discount and you can decide if you are after more or would be happy with what you were offered.

8. GannyBall Mar 30, 2021

Yes I know how the process works, more what % discount people are getting if anything ?

9. Evitzee Mar 30, 2021

Businesses run on cashflow....sometimes they have a crunch; invoices due, taxes due, rent due, his incentive plan from a manufacturer is close to completion and he needs a couple of more sales to push him over the top, or a million other reasons, so they sell items at deep discount to MSRP. Often it is just being in the right place at the right time to score these deals. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

10. Bruins531 Nov 2, 2021

I was offered 10% off a Seamaster black dial on bracelet from a boutique yesterday.

Traveling internationally so I’m going to try my luck at an AD when I get home.

I had to push pretty hard until he finally came down from retail

11. Scooterino36 Nov 2, 2021

How much discount were you asking for?

12. krc Nov 2, 2021

I have never gotten a discount on any of the watches I have purchased, maybe it's because of wrong timing.

13. Bruins531 Nov 2, 2021

I wanted to be around 17%

14. Tx3double Nov 23, 2021

Yeah I would say it has a lot to do with what ad, what you are buying and even time of year or month. Small guys have cash flow to consider.

15. AngelEdward Feb 23, 2023

It's always great to hear about fellow watch enthusiasts scoring a great watch at a discounted price. As for the variation in discounts and breaks offered by different ADs and Omega Boutiques, some may have other sales goals or targets that they need to meet or have different policies on offering discounts.