Forums Latest Members

Purchasing a limited edition Italian Albino Speedmaster without box, papers

1. mbp Jul 27, 2022

Hello, friends. I am considering purchasing a LE Speedmaster this year, the 500 piece Italian Speedmaster with the cream colored dial (reference#3593.20). I have seen prices range between $25k-41k depending on the completeness of the collection. I am an enthusiast and am purchase this watch as an item to wear/enjoy rather than sit in a box with the hope of selling it one day.

I have a couple of questions for you:
    -How much of a discount/devaluation would you expect if the watch did not come with papers or the original LE certificate?
    -What would be a good level of verification of authenticity? I am considering obtaining the serial number and having the seller obtain an extract from the archive. Would that be sufficient?

The reason I ask is because I always see Frankenwatches/mods containing the 3593.20 dial (several listed on EBay, for example) and want to make sure I have the original version.

Thank you all for your help--this feels like a big decision for me and I just want to make sure I feel joy, not consternation, when I look down at my wrist.

WLW62 likes this.
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 27, 2022

What confirmation do you have at this stage it started life as an Albino? Yes at the very least I would want to see an Extract of the Archive since without that you are looking a a likely Franken worth about the same as a standard 3570.50. If you can obtain the serial, there is a friendly watchmaker on here who may be able to confirm the model from that for you if you ask nicely!

3. arno Jul 27, 2022

Very nice looking watch by the way.
    I'm afraid its price wnet up because it looks a little bit like the Snoopy Award one ...

mbp likes this.
  4. Evitzee Jul 27, 2022

An Extract is absolutely necessary in this case since there is no receipt or warranty card. Hard to quantify how much lack of boxes and papers would ding the value.

Foo2rama, GuiltunderGlass and mbp like this.
  5. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 27, 2022

At least 20% IMO. Maybe more.

watchyouwant and mbp like this.
  6. TheGreatKat Jul 27, 2022

One was sold yesterday on Watchfid. As far as I follow it they sold it in less than 24 hours after posting it’s for sale. Unfortunately price was not indicated and I did not asked them. Maybe you are a lucky buyer?
    I know the guy who had 4 in one time but I’m afraid he sold 3 of them and one is a keeper. But anyway he had great abbilities in looking for one so maybe its good to ask him.

mbp likes this.
  7. mbp Jul 27, 2022

The caseback looks like it has the ******/500; serial number not in hand quite yet. Who are you referring to? I feel embarrassed I don't know this by now.

I wasn't aware it was listed there. I would imagine it would be for quite a premium given their current listings.

8. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 27, 2022

I've contacted you directly.

9. WTFfrenchie Jul 27, 2022

Very sweet looking watch.

the best is the hunt !
    Enjoy that in good health

mbp likes this.
  10. mbp Jul 27, 2022

Thank you, I am enjoying the hunt. I hope it's fruitful.

I appreciate the input everyone on here has given.

11. Perseus Aug 3, 2022

I used to own one a Italian dial, so make sure you get an extract to confirm authenticity.

12. mbp Aug 24, 2022

I've got the extract on the way to the seller. The seller will be sending me additional time stamped pictures and a copy of the extract when it arrives.

13. mbp Nov 29, 2022

Unfortunately, communicating with the seller was a bit of an issue and I ended up withdrawing my offer for the watch. They had an extract and watch in hand but at this point things just didn't feel good and I withdrew my offer. I am downsizing these days and may end up looking for this watch in the future. Would appreciate any leads.

befobe likes this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 30, 2022

Do you have the serial number of the one you passed on? If so, let me know and I'll check it to see if it's real...

mbp likes this.
  15. mbp Nov 30, 2022

Thank you, Archer. I'm grateful for your assistance and will send you a PM shortly.

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 30, 2022

Unfortunately serial numbers below 50 million don’t work on the Omega Extranet, so the only way to confirm is through an Extract.

17. Morlock Dec 2, 2022

That was an intelligent decision, not long ago in the market were available replacement dial and case back for the albino, so unfortunately it was pretty easy to "create" a franken Albino.

18. mbp Jun 11, 2023

I still haven’t come across one I feel is valued appropriately or definitively genuine.

19. mbp Jul 25, 2023

Anyone have an idea what an appropriate price would be for an Italian Albino speedmaster these days? Listings are quite variable.