Forums Latest Members
  1. Engee Oct 15, 2019

Another watch I've been neglecting in a dusty drawer is this Pryngeps Flatline quartz. I've tried to find stuff about this brand on the www and come up with inconclusive results. The flatline feature appears to be desirable, but I also know that gold base metal isn't and neither are square faces. Some Pryngeps watches are listed in the low £/$hundreds while others are for nearly nothing. Mine has a slightly bent second hand which I assume is replaceable or repairable, should it be worth it. I'm considering selling this if doing so would put a worthwhile amount towards something I'd rather have, but probably won't bother if it's barely worth the cost of the strap.

As I said, the bezel is base metal and the back is stainless steel. The number 5137 is engraved on the back.

Does anyone have any information about these watches?

IMG_0457.jpg
  2. Canuck Oct 15, 2019

Only information I can find about the brand is from Mikrolisk.

DAB7807A-98CD-4E20-8409-3F04C82996B8.jpeg

This outfit is most likely a retailer, and the watch is known as a private label. The retailer has paid a fee to a watch broker to print his name on the dial. In other words, a generic watch. Regarding selling it? Limited market for used generic quartz watches with plated cases and steel backs. Especially ones showing visible damage. Good luck selling it!

Engee likes this.
  3. Engee Oct 15, 2019

Thank you Canuck. Italian origin is about as far as I got. One to put back in the drawer I guess!