Forums Latest Members
  1. scv55 Aug 21, 2019

Greetings,

I’d like some information on the current status of steel/rubber Aquanaut waitlists? Are they still closed? If they are open, what’s the roomer on waiting time?

If possible I’d like to get on one...

Thanks very much.

2. stuart70 Aug 22, 2019

I would give several AD’s a call and see what they say. My understanding is that most AD’s would get one or two a year. The new 5212 has already got a 3 year waiting list.

scv55 likes this.
  3. billving Aug 23, 2019

Very hard to get unless you have a relationship with an AD. Generally having purchased before unless you can find a smaller market AD that may be welcoming to new customers. Personally I think the market for the sport Patek SS are very over hyped right now and prices are really ridiculous. If you can get one at retail you will be ok since they have pretty much always sold at least list. I'm hoping that assuming that you really want the watch as a keeper and not to try and flip.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  4. squarelug Aug 23, 2019

At a recent AD visit I was told that the aquanaut was possible in 1-2 years hypothetically. Was also told "good thing I wasn't looking for a nautilus" lol

5. pumpernikiel Nov 17, 2021

out of curiosity - is there any development in the waiting lists for aquanauts? i put myself on the list about a year ago in an AD, but of course no info. Given the overall hype seems that 1-2 years waitlists are more like 2-3 years now, but maybe you have an insight?

6. billving Nov 17, 2021

Market even more hyped now. Wait lists are crazy long on all sport models, all steel models. I have a good relationship with a couple of AD's and the waits are still long. I wish patek would do something about the flips but it's a free market. i just saw a 5212 at more than double retial that was sold by an AD less than 30 days earlier. I just feel like it turns off future collectors.

Larry S likes this.
  7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 17, 2021

Wasn’t PP out of the SS business?

billving likes this.
  8. billving Nov 17, 2021

Seemed like it, but now they've added another new model 5905-1a/010 Chrono, annual calendar, steel on braclet, green dial. I don't think that I like the braclet but it does seem to fit the look of the watch. I'm sure that they'll replace the 5711 with a new model after the new green dial (one year run) sells out. But I think that they've purposely held down production and see it as an entry into there more traditional pieces.

I also think that they have cut down the numbrer of AD's in the US. Dealers that I dealt with in MO, TX are out of the Patek distribution biz, as well as two others that I have at least discussed / tried to buy from are gone now also. Another in TX, one in WI. Even with a relationship it's almost impossible to get any discount (if you can even get a piece).

Thank the fed an easy money I guess. Same with the steel and "sport" models from AP & VC

https://www.patek.com/en/collection/complications/5905-1A-001

[​IMG]

9. texasmade Nov 23, 2021

Basically if you're on a waitlist you're on no list. AD's are still getting Aquanauts but they aren't going to people on the lists. They're going to preferred customers. You need to get on that list and off of the waitlist.

10. NGO1 Nov 23, 2021

To OP.
    You can’t simply wait for an aquanaut, in 2021. Dealers package it with a dress PP. No way they will sell you a steel Aqua. There’s a line to the moon for those waiting for a package deal.

Check out PP forums.

Mark020 likes this.
  11. pumpernikiel Nov 28, 2021

Good one, however i kinda thought that i am that good-ish customer that is already preffered and thus by miracle added to the waitlist. Of course noone at the AD tells me anything more but the waitlist and officialy no other list exists. Anyway, however it works, it is a vicious cycle :(