Power reserve test on my new 3861 Speedymaster Pro.

I just did a power reserve test on my 3861 Speedymaster Pro. In the beginning I was expecting anything between 40 and 44hours based on what I felt for winding after 24 hours. However, my watch finally stopped at 59.35 hours. WOW. I didn't expect that. WOW. This truely is a great watch. 20240703_204704[1].jpg

Like 5
i would say it depends if your using the chronograph or not , omega states 50 hours power reserve . maybe they stated a lower number so it wont fall short even if you are using the chrono for a bit . idk

Like 3
Mine will last 63 hours.
My experience as well. The new 321 will also run for 60+ hours, longer mainsprings.

Like 3
Mine runs for 64 hours, and still ticking when I pick it up for fully winding.

Like 1
i would say it depends if your using the chronograph or not , omega states 50 hours power reserve . maybe they stated a lower number so it wont fall short even if you are using the chrono for a bit . idk
I think you could be right, because I posted this thread on Facebook and many people got numbers similar to mind. One guy claimed 66 hours.

Mine runs for 64 hours, and still ticking when I pick it up for fully winding.
they are a very amazing instrument

Like 1
My experience as well. The new 321 will also run for 60+ hours, longer mainsprings.
I think Omega states 55 hours for the 321, so I would expect in the 60 for them.

Like 1
I previously thought and posted that my new Speedy 3861 was running far less than 50 hours. However, fortunately that was due to user error. I retested twice and it ran within a few minutes of the stated reserve.

Wound mine fully at 2100hrs on Tuesday night, I was away for a couple of days, it was still running at 0900 this morning. So 60hrs and still some juice left, although it did require a long wind.

Like 1
I think Omega is guaranteeing that the watch will run within METAS specs during the first 50 hours but not for the extra remaining 10 or so afterwards.

Like 3
50 hours I guess with the chrono activation
without ~66 hours

I think Omega is guaranteeing that the watch will run within METAS specs during the first 50 hours but not for the extra remaining 10 or so afterwards.

no, that sounds absolutely wrong. Metas and COSC have specific requirements you could check by yourself in order to see that you are not correct
50 hours is power reserve
My 3961 is stable from 0 to 60+
Position of the watch, yes, it does matter

50 hours I guess with the chrono activation
without ~66 hours
If you deactivate the chrono after the watch has stopped the watch will start up and run for the same amount of time, about 66 hours in your case. The chrono isn't using more power, but the added drag on the system will cause it to stop sooner, but there is still energy in the mainspring to allow it to run without the chrono being engaged.

Like 2
Neither of mine last anything even close to 50 hours. My new white one is off at omega because it only lasted 8 hours. The new black one is I bought to wear while it’s gone lasted 15 hours today. None of my automatic omegas last anywhere near the stated reserve either. I’m getting disappointed with the brand at this point. No they were not mistreated or overwound, I literally got the black one yesterday.

Neither of mine last anything even close to 50 hours. My new white one is off at omega because it only lasted 8 hours. The new black one is I bought to wear while it’s gone lasted 15 hours today. None of my automatic omegas last anywhere near the stated reserve either. I’m getting disappointed with the brand at this point. No they were not mistreated or overwound, I literally got the black one yesterday.
You either are incredibly unlucky and got two lemons, or you just aren't winding them fully. I would wager $1,000 on the latter.

Like 3
I tested out my Speedies a month ago, probably the most geeky thing I’ve done for a while. I also ran them over a timegrapher just for interests sake while I ran the power reserve.

321 Ed White tapped out at 65 hours, five minutes, I was quite impressed.
Trilogy Speedmaster 1861 53 hours 6 minutes
And 3861 59 hours ten minutes.

Most geeky thing I’ve done in a while.
I wonder how much variance temperature has on testing. It can be as hot as 40c here in summer, but as cool as 6c in winter.

Like 5
My black 3861 runs for 63+ hours and my white one lasts for 64+ hours, pretty consistent.

You either are incredibly unlucky and got two lemons, or you just aren't winding them fully. I would wager $1,000 on the latter.
I doubt it. I am winding them until I feel the resistance and no more.