Forums Latest Members
  1. sheepdoll Oct 1, 2022

IMG_0180.png
    And when lemons are not enough. Pomegranates make good juce. They also make great jelly. Spent part of the day picking them. They are squeezed using an orange press.
    -j

noelekal, Tony C., DaveK and 11 others like this.
  2. duc Oct 1, 2022

I lived in Spain as a kid when my father was there serving in the USN. Where we lived off base, there were Pomegranate trees in abundance. My mom used to dread our practice of cracking them open on our knees, completely staining whatever we wore. Fond memories.

noelekal, Tony C. and sheepdoll like this.
  3. Ocean Oct 30, 2022

In my country I never seen a tree with pomegranates..I am from Romania. I had to use google translate to check what fruit it is..:)

noelekal likes this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 30, 2022

They are certainly delicious. Hard to find in my part of the country.

You must be in California. I’ve told that pomegranates only thrive in Mediterranean climates and California is the only part of the US that has it.

Best ones are from Israel. You made my day.
    gatorcpa

5. akshayluc420 Oct 30, 2022

Back when I was working in Dubai, I had a manager I got along quite well with. One time I returned from vacation from my native lil town in India, and brought for him a small box of Litchis (Lychees) from our orchard. A couple of months later, his wife reciprocated and brought back a fairly healthy amount of pomegranates from her family's garden.

They were from Sistan, in Iran. Best pomegranates in the world because of the friendship. We're all doing well here in Canada; safe, free, but getting cold! :p

WestCoastTime likes this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 30, 2022

Love em..