Happiness is a Worn Puppy

Posts
535
Likes
3,752
I recently picked up a couple of the Orient 75th anniversary Peanuts/Snoopy watches that were released in March of last year. Is there a thread here discussing these very cool little watches? I can't find it. With all the enthusiasm for Omega Snoopy products, why were these mostly ignored? There are four versions and fairly limited production for each. My fav has a dial that has the appearance of an aged white, but it is already expensive on the secondary market. I won't show all of them, but they can easily be seen using the interweb.

In my opinion, they are very tastefully done LE watches.... arguably, better than the Speedmasters with Snoopy. They are 38mm for the dress watches and 40, I believe, for the dive watch. The images of Snoopy and Woodstock are well-chosen and placed. Were they discussed here in an earlier thread? One cute feature is that Woodstock pops up in the date window as the days pass.
Edited:
 
Posts
189
Likes
230
Personally, I only respect Snoopy on a Speedy because of the history, not because I am a fan of the cartoon. I have no interest in wearing a cartoon on my wrist but I’m quite interested in wearing watches with symbols/references to historical events or precedent. Hope that comes across respectfully
 
Posts
13,911
Likes
54,102
I like these orients… in my mind, Timex is really the peanuts brand.

 
Posts
1,891
Likes
3,629
I like these orients… in my mind, Timex is really the peanuts brand.

Yeah, Timex does this best !
 
Posts
535
Likes
3,752
Don't get me wrong...I don't own a Speedmaster with Snoopy on the dial and never will, but for reasonable prices, they are nice reminders of simpler times. The Timex watches are nice, I agree. How are the movements in modern Timex watches like these? How is their overall quality?
The Orients are very well made and sport Orient's in house movements.
 
Posts
535
Likes
3,752
Most comfortable watch I’ve ever worn. Crazy. With all these pricey old watches I’ll end up wearing a f ing snoopy watch. The strap is surprisingly nice.