Poll: Clapton or Evil Clapton

Just a bit of weekend fun to gauge where the UG aficionados sway with regard to preferences for the formidable, very recognizable, and now slightly hyped UG Clapton variations.

I have created an online POLL (click the link, no logins required and anonymized) for you to choose your preference but have deliberately kept it limited to one of the 2 variations below (excluding the exotic, which is frankly, not very easily available and is sort of the "unicorn" version in my book).

Personally, I prefer the Evil Clapton. My reason has to do with the fact that I found it aesthetically more pleasing when I tried it on the wrist and also because most traditional Tri-Compaxes (from the '40s and 50's) had a white/cream/light dial which is why the Evil with its black dial seemed so much more radical and a 180-degree departure from the traditional roots (while also being so 60's).

To help here are some pictures of both iterations in consideration (please don't vote based on the pictures provided because they may sway your judgment incorrectly based on the condition of the dial and the quality of the image, which is not what I intend to do).

Once you've voted, come back if you'd like and state in a few words why you chose what you did.

After a few weeks, I'll play back the results to show who "won"!

The OG Clapton 881101/01

Clapton.jpeg

The radical, counter-culture Evil Clapton 881101/02

Evil Clapton 2.jpg

And finally, a picture of what I own:

C1A50EF8-C6F4-4529-959F-C29320499DB7.JPG

Just a bit of weekend fun to gauge where the UG aficionados sway with regard to preferences for the formidable, very recognizable, and now slightly hyped UG Clapton variations.

I have created an online POLL (click the link, no logins required and anonymized) for you to choose your preference but have deliberately kept it limited to one of the 2 variations below (excluding the exotic, which is frankly, not very easily available and is sort of the "unicorn" version in my book).

Personally, I prefer the Evil Clapton. My reason has to do with the fact that I found it aesthetically more pleasing when I tried it on the wrist and also because most traditional Tri-Compaxes (from the '40s and 50's) had a white/cream/light dial which is why the Evil with its black dial seemed so much more radical and a 180-degree departure from the traditional roots (while also being so 60's).

To help here are some pictures of both iterations in consideration (please don't vote based on the pictures provided because they may sway your judgment incorrectly based on the condition of the dial and the quality of the image, which is not what I intend to do).

Once you've voted, come back if you'd like and state in a few words why you chose what you did.

After a few weeks, I'll play back the results to show who "won"!

The OG Clapton 881101/01

Clapton.jpeg

The radical, counter-culture Evil Clapton 881101/02

Evil Clapton 2.jpg

And finally, a picture of what I own:

C1A50EF8-C6F4-4529-959F-C29320499DB7.JPG

I would go for yours, super cool watch!

I went for the "evil" Clapton. I just like the black dial with the white sub-registers. Thanks for the brief introduction to these models!

I voted 18 times for the “I wish I had more money” option 😁.

Joking aside, back when you first set this up, I voted for the Evil Clapton 881101/02. That has always be my favorite option of the two. Both are gorgeous though.

Thanks to the 35+ people who voted. After running for nearly 2 months, this is the (somewhat surprising) result.

Nothing scientific about it, just for a little bit of fun and curiosity.

(P.S. Part of me wants to get both, but financial common sense tells me otherwise).

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 10.08.00 PM.png