Polishing a watch with a dremel?

Thread title states my intent to lightly polish the watch I’ve been working on. Crystal isn’t finished, but I want to do some polishing at a low RPM on the case before I continue on the crystal. You can see the scratches that I’d like to lighten on the case. Anyone have tips or suggestions or have experience in this matter?

Additionally, these watches are running on AS1700/01 movements. What I can read, these aren’t bad movements. Anyone (calling @Canuck and others ) know the lowdown on longevity/reliability/accuracy?
Edited:

Just like cleaning dials, you can fυck it up in a blink.

What do you actually expect to accomplish?

Just like cleaning dials, you can fυck it up in a blink.

What do you actually expect to accomplish?
An unfucked case that doesn’t look like was drug through a beach on a string. 😀

I'm far from an expert, but I've polished a few cases and the results have been decent.

When there's a lot of deep scratches, like in your case, I first go through it with sandpaper. Starting at 400 and then cleaning it up up to 1000 or even 1500. Anything higher doesn't provide any benefit. It is hard work though, as you need a lot of passes to remove the tiniest bit. But I don't trust myself with power tools in this step. I don't use that much force and check often how I'm doing. Taking care of profiles and edges is really important and that takes practice.

For polishing I've used a 15cm cotton wheel and a green polishing compound (fine cutting for hard metals). It only needs a few passes to bring everything to a shine. Haven't used a dremel, but I'd suggest buying or making a stand for it. You'll get more control in it being stationary and fewer chances to mess the case up. Also get the largest cotton wheel you can find that can fit a dremel.

The bezel looks flat. I would remove it and polish it on a hard, flat surface (with abrasives) to obtain a nice flat mirror finish.

I did this with this bezel.

The small diameter of a dremel wheel causes it to make dips, I have had poor results in general trying to polish things (not watches) with the dremel. Do what @Deafboy suggests.

I may do it by hand. I’ll have to research removing the bezel.

I would highly suggest using a scrap case or two or three to practice on if you want go the mechanized route. The fact that you need to research removing a bezel indicates you're no where near ready for power tools, just saying.

I hope it's a stainless case. Flip it over. Does it say "Stainless Back"? or "All Stainless"?
If the case is chromed, you are better off leaving it alone.

I would highly suggest using a scrap case or two or three to practice on if you want go the mechanized route. The fact that you need to research removing a bezel indicates you're no where near ready for power tools, just saying.
You might have a point, but I’ve been running tools a long time. I built my own house. Never did that before I tried it either. Just because I’d have to do a bit of digging on bezel removal doesn’t indicate a lack of proficiency, just a lack of knowledge on that particular subject. I do appreciate you and your comments though.

EDIT: I asked for advice and you gave it. I came across as an ass in my response. Apologies. I’ll probably leave it to a pro to do. The watch is a gift and I don’t want to mess it up…but I do want it in a more presentable state. Apologies again.
Edited:

I hope it's a stainless case. Flip it over. Does it say "Stainless Back"? or "All Stainless"?
If the case is chromed, you are better off leaving it alone.
It’s all stainless.

Proper way is using a bench lathe (polishing motor) with large buffs. Dremels are not recommended...

I would not use a Dremel. The small radius of the tools will tend to leave uneven surfaces. You would want to polish it against a large flat surface as @Deafboy and @Archer suggested. You can also find some videos on YouTube where skilled people demonstrate the technique. It's not easy to do a good job, where you remove scratches while leaving flat surfaces and sharp edges.

To add- if you're really insistent and you don't have access to a bench lathe, you can clamp a drill in a secured vise and run it like one with a large polishing wheel. I've done that when hand-making a pipe or two, never tried polishing stainless.

Cape Cod Cloth if you must. Patience and light touch.