Forums Latest Members

Polerouter Sub dials *without* Polerouter Sub text--request for clarification

1. FREDMAYCOIN Jan 16, 2017

The pictures were taken with an iPhone at an angle to capture the stamp. I give up, I'm no expert on the subject. I'll except whatever you experts are eluding to, and I am still not sure what that is.

2. Diabolik Jan 17, 2017

It does look the part.

However, I am really not convinced with lume. I would not be able to confirm without a geiger counter, but I would comfortably state that is it unlikely to be tritium considering that its half life is 12 years, and there is far too much of it. Can you provide a clear shot of the cross-hairs as they are occluded by hands.

I appreciate you taking it apart and sharing images though ... thank you and thumbs up adam :thumbsup:

3. Diabolik Jan 17, 2017

Now, that is an interesting one. I bet it was designed for a mission to europa ! Should it not be a Spacerouter Sub?

[​IMG]

4. JC75 Jan 17, 2017

Hello guys and happy new year !
    Here some pictures of my UG Polerouter Sub 2nde generation. Hope it helps ::popcorn::
    (Some of you may recognize the watch as I created a thread to get your feedbacks on the hands ;))

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

gop76, Diabolik, aap and 1 other person like this.
  5. Diabolik Jan 19, 2017

Very nice example. A little worn but that is to be expected on a vintage. It is all good apart from later minute hand and s cond hand on 2nd gen first execution was red. No big deal in my eyes but may be for a hardcore collector ...

6. JC75 Jan 19, 2017

@Diabolik Thanks for your comment. I'm still hunting for an original crystal (a new bezel could be a + as well) if you have any idea on where I can find one please let me know.
    Hands are coherently aged with both dial and watch, I like it this way I have to admit :D

7. mgarelik Sep 5, 2017

I know this is an old thread, but I recently saw a 3rd generation, asymmetric Polerouter sub listed on Craigslist. It also had a dial that was not marked as Polerouter Sub (dial looked similar to those here).

Seller said he purchased in Germany in 1981. Also interesting, it did not have magnifying crystal, but otherwise in good condition. Thought I'd mention as this discussion didn't go into the 3rd gen case.

8. Diabolik Sep 6, 2017

Please post an image of a link to advert.

9. Diabolik Sep 6, 2017

Just reviving an old thread. There is something fishy going on here ...

The watch shown by Menta a while back had 1st gen hands if I remember correctly. It was also considered feasible that it could be a prototype and that it was born with the first gen hands. If the ebay watch is the same one, why have the hands changed ? What has happened to the original hands ?

eBay watch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Div...r-Sub-Stainless-Steel-Automatic-/162659760200Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

upload_2017-9-6_11-16-9.png

Original Menta sub

https://omegaforums.net/threads/menta-polerouter-sub.47787/

upload_2017-9-6_11-19-33.png

Edited Sep 6, 2017
  10. gop76 Sep 6, 2017

It's the same watch, D.?

11. Mazoue Sep 6, 2017

I recently remarked that I thought the watch currently for sale on eBay was the same watch as a watch that had previously been posted by Menta. That watch is the watch in the 2nd post in this thread (dated 31 Dec 2016) i.e. a watch that has 2nd gen hands. The main reason that I thought the watches were the same is because the damage to the bezel is identical on both watches.

As far as I am aware, this is an entirely different watch to the watch also shown by Menta with 1st gen hands that is discussed in the "Menta polerouter sub" thread, albeit both watches are missing the "Polerouter Sub" text.

12. ConElPueblo Sep 6, 2017

Maybe it is just me that is stupid, but surely the bezels are different? One is a countdown, the other an ordinary 10-50...

Diabolik likes this.
  13. Mazoue Sep 6, 2017

ConElPueblo likes this.
  14. tomvox1 Sep 9, 2017

Doesn't seem like people mind too much one way or the other. Re-listed & over $2k with 6+ days to go.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/152696894226?ul_noapp=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Have to see if it runs to the end or gets pulled again, though. At least the fellow is honest in his description of the dial's strangeness!
    As an aside, if there are a lot of a particular dial that appear all of a sudden the "prototype" argument becomes harder to make, IMO.
    Either NOS cache (perhaps for planned not-Sub models but with otherwise identical layout?) or aftermarket, which the poor Singer stamp that was posted earlier in this thread seems to indicate to me.
    Just my 2¢ & best,
    T.

jaspers likes this.
  15. mgarelik Sep 11, 2017

Advertisement was pulled quickly as item sold fast. As I recall it had dart indices, which are not typical. I assumed it was a service dial as the crystal was also not original. Case looked correct.

16. mgarelik Sep 11, 2017

That said same seller has 2 current UG listings in Chicago area.

17. Mazoue Jul 13, 2018

Another of these "No Sub" Subs popped up on an online auction recently. I'm afraid I won't be able to send any better photos as I was not the winning bidder.

The hands look to have been recently relumed with a white coloured lume but what is interesting is that the dial definitely does not look to be new, with aged looking lume dots.

i-img900x1200-1531050107t9n46i694976.jpg

FREDMAYCOIN likes this.
  18. FREDMAYCOIN Jul 13, 2018

I have displayed my watch in detail with significant ware and aged components and the “powers that be” dismissed it as part of a flood to come. Still waiting for the flood. I am 100% sure that the dial I have is factory and I have offered “the powers that be” the watch for evaluation and they just don’t want to except the fact that whatever the case is these dials came from the factory.

19. Diabolik Jul 13, 2018

Lume and dial is difficult to judge with watch at that angle. However, it seems to have that greenish lume at 12 Cannot really see the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock clearly. Really need a good frontal image to comment. I think we can safely rule out prototypes considering the numbers.

Serial and reference would be very useful as the early production hypothesis was dismissed due to the wide range of serial numbers identified on this variation of the polerouter sub.

20. Mazoue Jul 15, 2018

Sorry, there was no serial or reference number in the listing.