Forums Latest Members

PLEASE stop posting/bumping several items for sale on the same day!

1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 17, 2019

There's a risk that somebody can call redial (or some other issue) without being sure of the facts.

This can sow the seeds of doubt and jeopardise a possibly fine sale.

If I remember, the accepted practice is to PM the seller with any questions and suggest an update to the sales post.

If that's not successful, a PM to one of the moderators would then be in order.

nonuffinkbloke, Joe_A, Alpha and 5 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Mar 20, 2019

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 23, 2019

@primabaleron The rules apply to you, too. Reported once again.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 25, 2019

5. Gaz6263 Apr 2, 2019

kov likes this.
  6. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 21, 2019

I would urge caution introducing further rules to private sales forum. Unintended consequences and all that.

Personally I like when a seller bumps with sold. Contrary to how it looks I am not in here all the time and it’s good to see what is selling and what is not. I do not think anyone has lost a sale as an result of a listing being moved by a “i sold it” bump.

We all know who is dealing for profit alone and who is not. Frankly I don’t care. They soon get elbowed out of the PSF. As a community we are pretty good about protecting our members, even new ones.

Calling for Witch Burning....er I mean more rules.....will just affect some genuine members negatively.

But I am enjoying the thread. Love a good Witch hunt.

jhross98, WYO_Watch, gdupree and 6 others like this.
  7. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 21, 2019

I quite like indulging in a charitable Sunday morning bump message! .........For example, I might write:
    "Oooh that's a 'fakkin' nice watch! Well worth the money!....Quick! Somebody buy it!" :thumbsup:

It gives me a warm feeling of philanthropic power to work in the best interest of some bloke on the internet that I'll never meet! :)
    It only takes 30 seconds and saves me the bother of going to church!::shy::

ext1, Edward53, BlackTalon and 4 others like this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 21, 2019

But the same thing can be accomplished by revising the title, without bumping...

9. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 21, 2019

Which is the point those complaining about it are making. Of course, that assumes you aren't prefix challenged like so many sellers appear to be.

10. wsfarrell Apr 21, 2019

I'm not so sure they "soon get elbowed out." Seems to me the number of sub-200-post sellers is going up, not down. And I've only seen one pure dealer forced out of the private sales forum in the last several months.

kov likes this.
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2019

wsfarrell and sdre like this.
  12. wristpirate Apr 22, 2019

Though without the Sold bump you wouldn't know unless you actively searched for the original sales thread? Afaik changing the title of the thread will not cause it to go to the top of Latest Posts. I personally like the Sold bump.

R3D9 likes this.
  13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2019

I suppose for those who are too lazy to go look, there is some value in the thread being populated in the latest listing, but to me this doesn't justify the bump.

14. alam Apr 22, 2019

I see the issue of bumping with a "sold" as many folks react to weather conditions in many parts of the world -- you don't like the weather now? wait a minute and it will change --trust me, the thread will not longer be on top if you wait a couple of minutes.... :)

::popcorn::

MTROIS and wristpirate like this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2019

No doubt - someone else will now feel the need to bump because a thread was bumped above theirs with a "sold" post...and the endless bumping cycle continues for sure, but I thought we were trying to minimize that. If we aren't then why not let it be a free for all, and we can have as many bumps as we like?

efauser likes this.
  16. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 22, 2019

He continues to post in the Private sale and he gets moved to the dealer forum. Not sure how long that will continue before someone on the staff puts their foot down.

17. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Apr 22, 2019

...and we know what would happen then, don’t we?..

:eek:

Nathan1967 and Archer like this.
  18. alam Apr 22, 2019

Your someone else scenario will not take place if everyone follows the current bump rules of one bump per day? Afaik, "sold" bumps are not mentioned in the rules, so perhaps those who can't handle to wait a minute can petition the Mods to change the rules...

MTROIS likes this.
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2019

And as this thread demonstrates, please always follow the rules, right? :rolleyes:

20. alam Apr 22, 2019

sure there are other rules not being follow by many, but again nothing is stated for "sold" bumps...