Forums Latest Members

PLEASE stop posting/bumping several items for sale on the same day!

1. ConElPueblo Feb 11, 2019

I did it for a long time too. That was before I got old and incredibly grumpy.

Report to Caning Station Delta for a good thrashing :D

Spacefruit and Foo2rama like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2019

How about only one watch at a time in the private sales. When it’s gone you can post another.

Having multiple watches at a time constantly in the private section is hardly a private seller.

Jonatan, Tet and JimInOz like this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 11, 2019

Doesn’t make of you a dealer either.

Example, when I decide to refocus my collection, like now, several watches get listed for sale and it will take the time it will take to get them sold, there is no hurry. I am not listing more than one a day. I am not bumping daily. Weekly, if ever. If I can’t list them all here, I’ll simply do elsewhere. But it’s a shame if nice things aren’t being offered here to OF members, because of that eventual restriction.

Had a good laugh about that, I am everything but a watch dealer. Just about to change jobs after ten years in a company and will stay in CyberSec - something people need nowadays, unlike watches :D

Spacefruit, George.A, OMGRLX and 9 others like this.
  4. jimmyd13 Feb 11, 2019

I am guilty of this but it serves two purposes:
    1) to take the opportunity to thank the site owners for providing the sales platform without charge (I know there's a sticky about how the site is funded but we should never forget that there is a cost factor in maintaining OF); and,
    2) just to be perfectly clear that an item has gone - PMs after the sale are pretty common and, while they're not in the least bit irritating, it just saves everyone's time.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2019

This my pet peeve. It does a disservice to other sellers by moving their listing further down the page.

Tet and rfordo like this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 11, 2019

This is total BS. Marking it "sold" saves time when scrolling through listings.

Edited Feb 11, 2019
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2019

Not talking about you, the ones that always have a few watches for sale all the time. ;)

kov and efauser like this.
  8. athom Feb 11, 2019

+1 ! Especially for sh**** stuff !

9. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 11, 2019

Okay but such a rule would affect me somehow :unsure:

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2019

How

You could still list as many as you want on the other FS thread

And it will still keep them in the OF community

People that are buying are going to go to the dealer section if the watches are there. ;)

11. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 11, 2019

@STANDY Okay

I seem to be too binary :D thought it’s one or the other.

Wouldn’t same person posting in both sections create confusion? ::screwloose::

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2019

If I want to buy a watch I would check the FS forum. :thumbsup: Easy

If I don’t want to buy a watch I have to sift through the FS threads to look for forum content ::screwloose::::screwloose::

13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 11, 2019

The likes of @Alpha and @X350 XJR are the poster boys for not taking advantage of the FS private selling that many could learn from.

Would buy a watch of these guys all day long due to there respect for the forum over $$

Think you get it @kov its not about you it’s about the pseudo dealers

UncleBuck, kov, ChrisN and 1 other person like this.
  14. TimtimeIntl Feb 11, 2019

I like the term "rehoming". Like selling a Patek. We are just caretakers of it for awhile..............

15. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 11, 2019

I'm same way when I refocus collection. I have like 6-8 watches I have been wanting to sell, but have not listed any of them because too much trouble doing one every few days. Plus, I'm getting old and forgetful, so I could very easily see myself accidentally bumping all the sales threads at once. :)

16. Stufflers Mom Feb 13, 2019

TBH I've stopped trying to sell on the FS section, in fact I didn't even put my Sharkmaster up for sale here and it's sitting on ebay as we speak.

17. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 15, 2019

There's a very good example of this currently in the private section. Have you become a dealer if you're posting BNIB watches everyday, for a week?

kov likes this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 15, 2019

Hey now, he missed Monday, so it wasn't every day...:)

Spacefruit, Tet and wsfarrell like this.
  19. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Feb 15, 2019

Yes, but if you don't make a SOLD post, you might never get to 200 posts, and thus won't be able to sell anything. :rolleyes:

20. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 15, 2019

Shouldn't a seller already have 200 posts, except those who were grandfathered in?