Forums Latest Members

PLEASE stop posting/bumping several items for sale on the same day!

1. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2018

Bump

Yes I am.

alam likes this.
  2. ConElPueblo Jun 17, 2018

Could you wait until I post a FS ad, please? :D

Syrte and ulackfocus like this.
  3. BenBagbag Jun 17, 2018

No wonder this guy has 25,000+ posts. :rolleyes:

:D

superfly, Syrte, alam and 2 others like this.
  4. ulackfocus Jun 17, 2018

I am the ULTIMATE post farmer. :cool: ::psy::

Thrasher36, TheNewOmegaMan and Syrte like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2018

If you are not doing so, reporting the offending posts would be a good idea.

Cheers, Al

kov likes this.
  6. ConElPueblo Jun 18, 2018

I always do... And the mods do a good job at responding, too.

airansun, dan7800, kov and 1 other person like this.
  7. ConElPueblo Feb 10, 2019

Yet again...

Could sellers please stop clogging up the Recent Post feed by bumping their FS posts? Perhaps avoid bumping all together by setting their sales prices a bit more realistically ;)

Also, is it correct that "one bump/post pr. day" only applies in the Private Sales subforum and not the WTB subforum? I would like the rule to cover both places.

8. wsfarrell Feb 10, 2019

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.............

airansun, ConElPueblo and WYO_Watch like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 10, 2019

I second this idea, that it should apply to all sales forums...

10. Davidt Feb 10, 2019

Agree.

The rules clearly say one bump per day in 'private watch sales' and 'parts for sale' yet several people are bumping both again.

11. Stufflers Mom Feb 10, 2019

Bumping over priced tat without a reduction is simply a waste of everyone's time.

12. ConElPueblo Feb 10, 2019

I don't think that's what the rules say. The headline of the Sales Forum rules say that the rules apply for all subfora, including WTB and Parts, but the part about bumping several posts mention specifically Private Sales:

EDIT: The reason I'd like it to cover WTB as well as Private Sales is that both are shown in the Latest feed; Parts FS aren't.

Spruce, Tony C. and kov like this.
  13. Davidt Feb 10, 2019

The rules on the 'parts' subsection clarify that one bump per day does already include private sales, parts and wtb.

People just aren't following it.

Regardless, parts, wtb, whichever, I agree it clogs up the latest feed. I don't even understand why private sellers need a daily bump. Weekly is sufficient surely?

IMG_3677.PNG

14. KAP Feb 10, 2019

I prefer seeing TTT rather than Bump to get a sale thread up to the top of the Marketplace discussion. Use of TTT should fix the issue, right?

Related, I'm looking forward to hitting 200 after which I can freely be a post farmer and rocket my numbers up like SpaceX.

Seriously (possibly), there are quite a bit of annoying posts throughout OF that don't add any value and only seem to be for the purpose to reach the 200 threshold for posting in the Marketplace section. Most threads trail off with multiple posts contributing "cool" "great model" "would love one" "agreed" and similar posts which could also be covered by clicking on Like.

Hey, BTW just noticed my Like counter needs a boost!

15. ConElPueblo Feb 10, 2019

We read this differently, it would seem. My quote was indeed from the the WTB section (Parts I don't care about as they don't appear in the Latest feed...) - andThe post in question by @cicindela is the same for all subfora. it specifies that this particular rule is for "Private Sales", not elsewhere. There is a heading below it also specifying which subfora the rule beneath it is for:

@DLT222 - does this mean that I can start reporting double bumps in the WTB section? :)

BTW, another point: do members really need to post "SOLD" or similar when selling an item? Isn't it enough to update the header? Yes, I'm nitpicking (again), but it would serve the same purpose, namely cleaning up the Latest feed.

efauser, eugeneandresson and Tet like this.
  16. airansun In the shuffling madness Feb 10, 2019

This should be a sign over the door to the sales forums.

(I have to admit, I love the use of the word tat here. Captures it exactly.)

kov likes this.
  17. TDBK Feb 10, 2019

A rule that might work is that you can only bump a watch 10 times regardless of price adjustments, duration, etc. That would make every bump precious. One would have to limit relisting, and it would probably just result in friends bumping each other's listings with comments, but it's an idea.

18. airansun In the shuffling madness Feb 10, 2019

Every third bump has to be another price reduction of 10%.

Filene’s Basement in Boston used to sort of work that way.

rfordo and TDBK like this.
  19. themattedial Feb 11, 2019

Guys — I’m sorry. I posted 3 watches to the private sales forum today and it’s the first time I’ve actually sold anything on the site since joining in 2015. I did read the rules and saw the one bump per day rule but "thread" didn't stick in my mind, yet was definitely in plain sight! I've requested to remove two of them and will repost this week. Won't happen again and thanks for your patience and for the space and for all of the great knowledge and connections I've made over the years!

Edited Feb 11, 2019
  20. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 11, 2019

It probably is, you’re right. Well noted, I won’t do anymore ::shy::