Forums Latest Members

PLEASE READ: NEW SECURITY MEASURES FOR THE SALES SECTIONS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Sep 6, 2017

I bet he's a real hit at Festivus...

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 6, 2017

3. GGG964 Sep 8, 2017

Hello gents,

Which mod would be the most appropriate to contact with regard to selling watches? I just sold a few of my Rolex's on eBay and took a bath on the fees, so I figured i would try my luck on Omega Forums for the last watch i want to sell (joined last year but haven't posted anything because I truly cannot add value to any of these discussions). Anyway, I learned about the 200 rule this evening and would like to talk to a mod about it... perhaps to show my eBay sales and feedback/sales. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Garrett

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 8, 2017

You can pick any of the mods, they are all good guys. :thumbsup: You can invite a few in the PM request buy putting a , between each name.

( They even talk to each other at the annual OF moderators convention each year )

5. mikesspeedy Sep 9, 2017

Agree,
    I do not intend to buy or sell on here. I enjoy getting advice and looking at others pics of collections. Great ideas on watch / strap combinations, good general advice, and some banter. Plus if your lucky a polite disagreement or two. All good fun outside of the sales thing. I'm sure IF I ever wanted to buy or sell an Omega on here a PM to one of the Moderators would work that out. Luckily, in life I have never been scammed nor have I done so. I have always worked on the theory that IF something seems too good to be true it usually is, seems to keep me out of trouble. Conversely, you could argue that it has also kept me from becoming a billionaire.

I now assume that anyone who posts anything who has under 200 posts can expect to be accused of "post farming" this is a new phrase to me that I learned on this site just a few weeks ago. You guys are funny. To save this low key abuse would it not just be a good idea to have a minimum time of membership before buying and selling was possible (linked to the min 200 posts) so for example if a scammer was going to infiltrate your worthy ranks simply "post farming" (lol makes me laugh) will not work because the time period would kick in, say I year?

You have a great and worthy forum, Its fun and informative in equal measures. I thank the moderators for their time in running it.

Edited Sep 9, 2017
    blubarb likes this.
  6. GGG964 Sep 9, 2017

Thank you! i appreciate it

STANDY likes this.
  7. m neuman What, me worry? May 5, 2018

I put up a few watches I wanted to sell have adequate posting history yet they disappeared?

8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 5, 2018

Did you follow all the posting rules, including how many FS ads you can post in one day?

Baz9614 likes this.
  9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 5, 2018

If there Zeniths send me a PM ;)

Baz9614 likes this.
  10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 5, 2018

11. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 5, 2018

Oh the impatient youth of today - too impatient to READ the sales rules.

(To be honest I didn't at first either)

Baz9614 likes this.
  12. m neuman What, me worry? May 5, 2018

Oh wise and wonderful one, what sales rules am I missing? And where are they?

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 5, 2018

1 per day young padawan.

Is there by chance a message in your inbox?

Baz9614 likes this.
  14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 5, 2018

tyrantlizardrex and Baz9614 like this.
  15. m neuman What, me worry? May 5, 2018

Aah thankyou, no message in inbox.

16. devoti May 19, 2019

I think I may have a while to go before I can post one of my omega watches to sell or trade on this site. I guess now a days you have to stick to one watch site to get enough posts to earn right to trade a watch or maybe try to find a ton of more idle time, have too many other watch sites that I belong to and post on them.

17. corn18 May 19, 2019

Now that you put this obtuse for sale post up, maybe you will get a PM asking how much? Well played.

kov likes this.
  18. kov Trüffelschwein. May 19, 2019

The rules are the rules.

And having more idle time doesn’t automatically mean posting valuable content :whistling:

19. devoti May 19, 2019

Actually, I'm not trying to sell something right now and fairly strange thinking one would try to do such a thing in a help/rule thread, who does that or even think someone who would do that? It was just that I noticed I couldn't reply to a watch for sale thread that I was interested in and just found out about not selling as well. I've been a member for 5 yrs, not a long time but was able to post and sell back then.
    Have mostly IWC, Zenith and Lemania's so not here often but I do love the Omega's I have. And no, those watches aren't for sale either. Cheers

20. TDBK May 20, 2019

If you are interested in buying a watch, you can contact the seller via a private message regardless of how many posts you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.