Forums Latest Members

PLEASE READ: NEW SECURITY MEASURES FOR THE SALES SECTIONS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 20, 2019

2. mmrols May 30, 2019

Thanks for measures to protect buyers.

3. Gui13250 Dec 3, 2019

I’m pretty sure this question has been answered but I did not find it, or maybe my English is not good enough to understand this.
    I understood that we need to have at least 200 posts to answer or post on the sales tread, but, is it allowed to send private message to the seller in order to buy the watch if we had less than 200 posts? Or are we supposed to wait for those 200 posts to buy?

Thanks for your help,

4. Davidt Dec 3, 2019

Even with zero posts you can message a seller to discuss buying

5. Gui13250 Dec 3, 2019

Hi David,
    Thanks for your answer, I knew it was possible but thinking that maybe it was not respectful of the “spirit” of the sales section.
    But it is a good thing, i mean i’m sure i’ll Get the 200 posts later, but in the mean time i don’t want to let go the watch i’m Looking for if it appears and don’t want neither to post just to have the number require (i’m Mainly reading because there is so many subjects already done!)

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 3, 2019

no issues messaging them. But they do not have to respond.

timecube likes this.
  7. jsducote Dec 3, 2019

That you're thinking of being respectful is what helps keep this forum a pleasant place to return to day after day, participating in discussions and, oh look at that - I'm over the 200 post limit.

This is a good point because, although you need posts before you can participate in the sales forums, having more posts under your belt is a proxy for your reputation as a buyer. It gives a seller a bit of comfort that you won't disappear with both the money and the goods if you're someone that is "known" around here.

Gui13250, Foo2rama and UncleBuck like this.
  8. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 17, 2019

It's all about the content of those 200 posts...

timecube and DaveK like this.
  9. NikolShep Feb 28, 2020

I am not the best person to answer this question, as I have less than 200 posts, but, as a newbie and new to watch collecting, I want to buy rather than sell (frankly, I don't see myself as a seller at this point at all), to expand my collection. So far I have PM'd about 7 people who have watches FS and I always received polite and helpful answers. I understand that people would be willing to sell me. I expect that by buying, newer members can become known and build up their reputation. Hope that helps.

cassius66 likes this.
  10. chulyquang Feb 28, 2020

i total to agree with you.
    maybe 200 post is too high as do the other criteria

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 28, 2020

Well oddly the post you quoted the owner now has over 200 posts and sells here.

timecube likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.