Please give me your opinion about this Seamaster De Ville

Hello,

Please help me with your opinion about this watch. The price is okay for me (about 1200 EUR), most watch in this condition goes for 1400-1500 EUR.

Do you see any major issue?

Thank you for your help.

The price would be my major issue

This is a $500-$750 watch in my personal opinion.

Mark020, MPWatch:

If we don't look at the price, do you see any visible issues with the watch? Overpolishing, repainted dials, etc?

For that sort of price, I’d definitely want better photos plus details and proof of service.

Also the case looks worn in parts between 6-7 and probably elsewhere and the crown looks wrong and a different colour to the case.

I’d pass on what you’ve posted so far

It’s too much for that watch.

As an indicator I recently sold the same ref in steel, in better condition, with original bracelet and recent documented service for £950.

For that sort of price, I’d definitely want better photos plus details and proof of service.

Also the case looks worn in parts between 6-7 and probably elsewhere and the crown looks wrong and a different colour to the case.

I’d pass on what you’ve posted so far

Thank you for the feedback.

It’s too much for that watch.

As an indicator I recently sold the same ref in steel, in better condition, with original bracelet and recent documented service for £950.

Thank you. With the current exchange rates (in my country) £950 is about 1200 EUR.

I am looking for gold capped ones since April, but unfortunately the this the first one for this low price. Other, better looking ones are 1400-2000 EUR on chrono24.com.

I will keep on looking, thank you for the advice!

I can assure you most on chrono listed for 1400€ aren’t selling at that price. Even those that are should have a bracelet and/or be serviced (ideally both).

it really comes back to being able to have 2 out of the following 3 criteria, but rarely all 3:
1. Watch in good condition
2. Watch at good price
3. Watch available immediately.

May I ask what country you’re in?

You might want to follow this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-not-for-inquiries.1790/page-303#post-2007283

@dsio posts good finds on eBay there and gold-capped SMDVs are regularly among them, ending at roughly half the price you’re quoting. The example by @Davidt included a bracelet, worth ~200$ or so, and a recent service that was likely also a couple hundred quid, for about 1100€. Also note: These aren’t uncommon. Doesn’t take too much patience to find a nice one for a better price I’d say - you will have to invest some time, though.

May I ask what country you’re in?

You might want to follow this thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/rec...-not-for-inquiries.1790/page-303#post-2007283

@dsio posts good finds on eBay there and gold-capped SMDVs are regularly among them, ending at roughly half the price you’re quoting. The example by @Davidt included a bracelet, worth ~200$ or so, and a recent service that was likely also a couple hundred quid, for about 1100€. Also note: These aren’t uncommon. Doesn’t take too much patience to find a nice one for a better price I’d say - you will have to invest some time, though.

MtV,

I live in Hungary (Cental Europe). So unfortunately US / Japan / UK prices are not good for me, as TAX + VAT are usually add 39% to the prices listed on Chrono24 or ebay.com. So that's why I look watches in EU countries.

I know understand the pricing (thank you for you and the rest of ppl in this thread).

I will keep my eye on the ebay thread you had suggested (thank you), maybe I can see something for a reasonable price.

I can assure you most on chrono listed for 1400€ aren’t selling at that price. Even those that are should have a bracelet and/or be serviced (ideally both).

it really comes back to being able to have 2 out of the following 3 criteria, but rarely all 3:
1. Watch in good condition
2. Watch at good price
3. Watch available immediately.

Davidt,

Okay, I will keep this in my mind. Thank you.

I've sold these a lot for eur 800-850-ish. I bought them cheaper. But it's getting more and more difficult to find the gems. If it's a one watch only buy you can consider to overpay a bit. But eur 1200 is maybe a bit to much.

The right place to buy these is NOT Ch24!

You need to look at either eBay or auction houses.

This one is for sale at the moment at a Danish auction, estimated value is €540. With auction house fees this would be €675.

The right place to buy these is NOT Ch24!

You need to look at either eBay or auction houses.

This one is for sale at the moment at a Danish auction, estimated value is €540. With auction house fees this would be €675.

Thank you for the information!

back then religious groups were against the panthe deville as they said it was calling the de vil. so keep that in mind when you look for this watch model! lol

Hungary charges THIRTYNINE percent on imported watches? Holy cow. I thought all European countries were between 19 and 22 VAT plus a small amount as tax.

If, unlike @Shabbaz asked, it’s not just a one-time purchase but maybe the start into a lovely hobby, you might stick around. You’ll get in touch with people from other countries. Maybe try to be nice to the Germans here - they pay 19% + a fixed 80 cents to import watches and can forward it to you without any further tax, legally. 😁

On a more serious note: That example suggested by @ConElPueblo looks very attractive indeed.

Looks also like the caseback had a light polish.

I would definitely try to buy the Seamaster in the Danish auction.

Good luck