Forums Latest Members

Paypal hold on funds for 21 days

1. new_heuer Jan 19, 2020

I'm after some advice please. I have sold one of my bracelets and the buyer wished to pay via PayPal. The funds have been received from the buyer but PayPal have put a hold on them for 21 days! Has anyone come across this before?

2. WatchCor Jan 19, 2020

Details matter in these type of situations.

For example, are you a new user to PayPal? is the buyer? Did you use F&F or business transaction?

Lacking these details I would kindly suggest you to contact PayPal customer service. They're usually quite quick to respond.

P.s. Yes I've come across this type of situation

3. new_heuer Jan 19, 2020

Account has been held for over 10 years but don’t know about the buyers. The payment was sent a a normal sale with fees incurred.

It’s quite bizarre that they expect you to wait 21 days for your money.

4. BenBagbag Jan 19, 2020

This is common through eBay... Was this straight PayPal?

5. new_heuer Jan 19, 2020

Yes it was direct through PayPal

6. Just Livin Jan 19, 2020

Yep I had a similar experience a couple of years ago. Apparently the phrase used then was 'based on my history'. Called them up at the time and was able to expedite by a week.

7. fbf Jan 19, 2020

If you are relative new to sell and has no/few feedbacks , they do this routinely . I remember they used to hold longer or until the buyers leave you positive feedbacks then release the fund

8. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jan 19, 2020

9. S.Song Jan 19, 2020

It's a real pain and can affect your cash flow, but they do this as 'security' but also for their money-making schemes too ;)

It should happen only for awhile, perhaps your account has been inactive for awhile?

10. new_heuer Jan 20, 2020

Account is used a couple of times a week! I've had no choice but to refund the buyer. Not sure why PayPal have introduced another level of security as I thought buyers were really well protected regardless

11. Maganator Jan 20, 2020

Paypal did this to me when I sold something on eBay recently.

The buyer confirmed the'd received the package a few days later and the money was immediately released to me.

12. yande Jan 20, 2020

Yes, same happened to me. Just what you have to put up with PayPal as they make the rules. It will get released and most probably will never happen again. No biggie for me at the time, but had a friend with a lot of funds in their account, suddenly not available. Feelings of powerlessness.