Out with the Polywatch, in with the Savvies !

Maybe i am last to find out about these ( long line of laggards :( ) great fit for Speedmaster Acrylic Crystal Protective Stickers, but i was done with the bi-monthly Polywatch duty crystal polish. Getting the Q-tips, taping of the bezel, finding the old brush etc it is worse then shoe polishing.

So out hunting for a solution it turn`s out i am not the only one to scratch this itch, as Ebay seller Protectionfilms from France/Germany sells these Savvies. 4 pieces of round 42mm protective film stickers with an excellent manual, wet pad - cleaning wipe - smoothing card all-in one for just 9,- euro.

P1030968.JPG

The Speedies just scratch easily and i dont baby the 1861 shown here, but i am aware of the + 100,- euro costs of a replacement crystal, and the "buck shot" shadow reflection on the dial annoys me .
But the biggest problem i have with scratching is over polishing and creating a dimple, or worse ; a crack, is with my Speedies that have the original crystal with older logo, it will be very difficult to replace them i think.....

P1030964.JPG P1030965.JPG

This will save me from a lot of small scratches i think, probably not from concrete kisses but even sapphire isn`t up for that :confused: , and these are much more supple than your avarage smart phone protectors, soft actualy, as it folds nicely around the domed crystal edge, and sticks there. Does not reach the bezel and even if i double loupe i can hardly see the edge of the sticker.

P1030966.JPG P1030967.JPG

Even a Superdome like my 1970s Revue 40mm ( the crystal is 33mm wide on the outside and no overhang so it should fit even smaller ones ) watch is wrapped now . There is a minimal loss of "glow" i think but the crystal clear view of the dial makes up for that to me. And if you wanna shine on your next GTG party just peal it off and put it back on when the guests have left, just like with your plastic furniture covers ::facepalm2:: .

P1030969.JPG

In the name of sience i first tested out one sample and found once fully on, you can take them off but a "stretch" mark will show so it is one-time-use and better to be careful and follow the 3-step guide, and position the pad first with the still covered half in step 2 - so not the sticky section yet ! - and once that is satisfactory in place press the sticky part after which you remove #3, and you will be fine.
It is just 2 minutes work including the degrease cleaning, and polishing took me much longer even with the electric tooth brush. And that is how you get the dimple :oops: :rolleyes:

P1030964 2.JPG
I am happy so far and hope you like this OF top consumer Tip , lets hope it sticks and no more polishing !
Edited:

Like 3
In case someone missed this.... here is another chance :)

It honestly reminds me too much of this

IMG_0735.jpeg

Like 25
why...? though... just wear the damX watch, as they say...

Like 1
i was done with the bi-monthly Polywatch duty crystal polish.

What the heck are you doing to your watch that you need to use Polywatch bi-monthly?

Like 6
I don't think I've owned a watch long enough to use polywatch for a second time. :oops:

Like 2
It's an interesting idea and I appreciate the lengthy and informative post that is adding to the collective hive's knowledge. Excellent cred for that.

There's a but coming, unfortunately. But it's a product that scratches an itch I don't have. I've had a small tube of polywatch for 5 years and it's still half full, after dozens of acrylic crystals. They mostly get polished after a new pickup.

I have to admire someone who wears his watches with enough abandon that he scratches them up often enough to need regular polish. Well done.

Like 4
It honestly reminds me too much of this

IMG_0735.jpeg
It's a Health Department requirement for high class bordellos.

Like 4
just wear the damX watch, as they say...

What the heck are you doing to your watch that you need to use Polywatch bi-monthly?

Not baby sitting it .....:) but i meant every 2 months - not twice a month. Sorry for the confusion.

It's an interesting idea and I appreciate the lengthy and informative post that is adding to the collective hive's knowledge. Excellent cred for that.

There's a but coming, unfortunately. But it's a product that scratches an itch I don't have. I've had a small tube of polywatch for 5 years and it's still half full, after dozens of acrylic crystals. They mostly get polished after a new pickup.

I have to admire someone who wears his watches with enough abandon that he scratches them up often enough to need regular polish. Well done.

Short sleaves, garden duties, garbage bin lid`s and belt buckles are the accused :mad: fellons here. Or maybe clumsy ? Naaaahhhhhh ...

20230430_113435.jpg

Or an emergency DIY job that Mrs-W reminds me of...... And with 5 acrylic watches all worn regularly it becomes a chore i can do without.
You are much more cautious then me i think, respect for that, but i will definitely try to be carefull with my soon to arrive -69. Indoor admiration only for at least the Honeymoon. Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Like 2
It's a Health Department requirement for high class bordellos.

I never knew my granny moonlighted.

things are starting to come together(so to speak) as I think back.

Like 4
I never knew my granny moonlighted.

things are starting to come together(so to speak) as I think back.

As long as it is High class , no problem !

It is the Omega Forums after all

Like 2
What if my watches don't want their crystals swathed in plastic?

Like 1
Short sleaves, garden duties, garbage bin lid`s and belt buckles are the accused :mad: fellons here. Or maybe clumsy ? Naaaahhhhhh ...

20230430_113435.jpg

Or an emergency DIY job that Mrs-W reminds me of...... And with 5 acrylic watches all worn regularly it becomes a chore i can do without.
You are much more cautious then me i think, respect for that, but i will definitely try to be carefull with my soon to arrive -69. Indoor admiration only for at least the Honeymoon. Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

And you wear wingtips or cap toes to garden? Not that I am judging:whistling:

You do you

Like 1

Granny always smelled of gardenia and rosewater.......it IS coming into focus.

And then there were those rope swingy-type contraptions hanging in the basement......hmmmmm

"Grandpa" said he used them when setting his trotlines.......hmmmmm, he didn't have a boat.

Like 2
And you wear wingtips or cap toes to garden? Not that I am judging:whistling:

You do you

Bordello sneakers is what those are called ;)

Like 2