Forums Latest Members
  1. JacobK Jul 12, 2020

Hi all

Can you please help me with some thoughts on this Omega Speedmaster 145.022-76
    • Opinions on original/fake/franken?
    • Is condition ok?
    • The price is 4200$ - do you think this is a fair price (I know it probably isn't a kosher question, but a guide in the right direction would be nice upload_2020-7-12_12-20-25.gif )?
    Informations on the watch:
    One of the attachments for the strap is not original - otherwise everything else should be.
    Case back no. 145022–76. Serial no. 39184XXX. Folding clasp no. 1171/1.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  2. ClawHammer Jul 12, 2020

I’m no expert but it all looks right to me. I’m using my own Speedmaster as reference. My serial number is very close to this being 39185XXX. Only difference is mine has the longer “S” on the dial with OF opinion being it should be the shorter “S” as in the images you posted.

I would say that you’d need images of the inside to get an opinion from the experts on here. You’d need to see the movement and inside the case back. Is the hesalite cracked? Does it have the Omega logo on it? You’d need an image of the underside of the clasp to confirm it the correct bracelet too.

Looks like it’s had a new set of hands though maybe and possibly the dial has been resumed.

Wait for some of the experts on here though.

Edited Jul 12, 2020
    JacobK likes this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 12, 2020

I would want to see better photos of the dial as well as photos of the caseback and movement. Check out speedmaster101.com for pricing guidelines. From what I can see in these limited photos I would wait for a better example.

JacobK likes this.
  4. JacobK Jul 13, 2020

Thank you both for your answers! Appreciate them and has decided to wait for a better example.
    Read through the speedmaster101.com site yesterday evening - great stuff!
    Thanks again, Jacob

5. Passover Jul 13, 2020

Hi Jacob,

+1 Bezel is wrong, the '7' has no serif

good move to use sm101.com!!

ClawHammer likes this.
  6. Passover Jul 13, 2020

+1

taking a closer look at the case I think it was totally ruined by polishing, look at the profile!

Hard pass!

upload_2020-7-13_9-14-9.png

7. ClawHammer Jul 13, 2020

I didn’t spot that.

8. Tonyash Jul 15, 2020

Forgive my ignorance but is the serif on the numeral 7 common to all Speedmasters or just this time period?. I have a 76 Speedmaster with service tritium hands and service bezel with serifs on the 7 that was fitted in the late 90s by Omega. Interested to know if they went to the trouble of putting a period correct bezel on the watch, which I very much doubt.
    Cheers.

9. ClawHammer Jul 15, 2020

If it has an accent above the ‘E’ in ‘TACHYMETRE’ and a DNN, then it’s a 90’s bezel even if there is a serif on the number ‘7’. DNN, no accent and the serif, then it’s period correct. See here for info: https://speedmaster101.com/base500-bezel-identification/

Tonyash and Passover like this.
  10. Passover Jul 15, 2020

You are correct, the serif alone is not enough to date a bezel.

Tonyash and ClawHammer like this.
  11. Tonyash Jul 15, 2020

The bezel has accent and DNN so 'tis 90s. No big deal for me just interested to know. The original bezel was actually pulled off the watch by my then 2 year old son in a park. Never to be seen again. Lucky there were no two year olds on Apollo missions.

watchyouwant and Passover like this.
  12. ClawHammer Jul 15, 2020

I’m sure you could source a replacement bezel that’s period correct. I don’t think these are too expensive like the DONs.

Tonyash likes this.
  13. Tonyash Jul 16, 2020

Thanks I will bear that in mind. This watch was my first proper watch, albeit purchased secondhand, many years ago and a daily wearer for over 15 years. I can live with the bezel and have no intention to sell, should the watch ever pass to my son who pulled off the original, it can be his dilemma.....

McKinley likes this.